Help on choosing a new camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
The use of AA batteries alone as the power source is reason enough not to shoot a K100/200D.

ya but the money pentax saved on not putting in a batery they have in features and i loved it, my pentax k100d shot about 500 pics before needing a recharge anyway. you yourself know how lovely a top mounted lcd is, and in that price range the pentax is the only one that has it.

I just had a Canon EOS 5D mark II. However I learn that I was out of my league with that. A friend of mine who is a professional photographer suggest the Canon EOS rebel XS. that what I'm using now. I may move back up at a later date

we probably could have work something out. I got it from my older cousin from Indiana. I'm a newbie genealogist and he been doing it for 20 years. one of most important tools you need is a high quality camera. for one you will run across pictures and documents that's too old to move. you can get a high resolution copy with a great camera.

he's got this huge camera that come with shoulder straps. he gave me the EOS 5d mark II. I could get high quality pics with it but my photographer friend could amazing higher quality ones when he fine tune it. i needed a high quality auto adjuster that I could learn to fine tune the setting later. so my photographer friend gave me the canon EOS rebel xs brand new in the box with warranty and 500 bucks. please don't call me a fool. i got what i wanted plus money

The use of AA batteries alone as the power source is reason enough not to shoot a K100/200D.

I don't follow, I have 4 sets of NiMH batteries with an hour quick charger that I bought for $25 bucks.

When I went to Europe and they lost my luggage for 11 days those 4 charged sets of batteries lasted those 11 days until I got my baggage and charger. And I've had a single set last me more than 1000 shots.

Find me a camera with a rechargeable battery that can do that.

I don't follow, I have 4 sets of NiMH batteries with an hour quick charger that I bought for $25 bucks.

When I went to Europe and they lost my luggage for 11 days those 4 charged sets of batteries lasted those 11 days until I got my baggage and charger. And I've had a single set last me more than 1000 shots.

Find me a camera with a rechargeable battery that can do that.

The D70 and D50 could EASILY pass that, shooting RAW.

JPEG, omg, they'd last forever. I've gotten up to about 3000 pictures on one charge on my D700 shooting JPEG. Basically any SLR camera except the D200 and D80 can easily get over 1000 pictures on a battery shooting jpeg.

The D3 with the EN-EL4, I know photographers that charge that thing once, maybe twice A MONTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom