HD Video Editting Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Tenk-

Baseband Member
Hi,

I'm looking for a free or open source program to edit the footage out of a Go-Pro.

It would need to convert the file to different formats. I believe the go-pro spits out a weird format. Also it would need to simple editing, sound tracks and the like. Nothing high-tech or overly fancy.

Failing free or open source, post up paid ones that are really worth the money.

Cheers,
Tenk

EDIT: I've download windows movie maker and just looking at the go-pro site the format that comes out of the go-pro is: Video Format: H.264 compression, saved as Windows- & Mac-compatible MPEG4 (.mp4) file . Is that useable in windows movie maker.

Hi,

I'm looking for a free or open source program to edit the footage out of a Go-Pro.

It would need to convert the file to different formats. I believe the go-pro spits out a weird format. Also it would need to simple editing, sound tracks and the like. Nothing high-tech or overly fancy.

Failing free or open source, post up paid ones that are really worth the money.

Cheers,
Tenk

EDIT: I've download windows movie maker and just looking at the go-pro site the format that comes out of the go-pro is: Video Format: H.264 compression, saved as Windows- & Mac-compatible MPEG4 (.mp4) file . Is that useable in windows movie maker.

I don't really know of any easy free ones. But i can reccomend Cyberlink PowerDirector 9. It's super intuitive, has all the basic things you'd want. Such as transitions, add audio, slow down, speedup, brightness/saturation etc. Also it opens pretty much any file format you could throw at it, and has lots of good conversion options, anything from PSP format, to iPhone, straight to YouTube uploads, or ultra high quality 1080p formats.

I really do reccomend it very highly, i don't normally like cyberlink products but this one suited me perfect. The thing that i like most, is that the edditing is easy, yet the performance and conversion options are very good indeed. It supports 64bit, will use your GPU for conversion, supports new Sandy Bridge combined CPU/GPU processors etc. Take a look at this review, CyberLink PowerDirector 9 Ultra64 Software review - Trusted Reviews

hmmm, that looks awesome... but for 72 pounds, its a bit out of the price range. I'm going to give windows movie maker a shot...

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

if you have a Mac i'd recommend iMovie, but I'm not sure about any other free programs. you will get what you pay for, honestly. you can search google for "free video editing software"

if you need a free FLV player/converter, i'd strongly suggest www.FLV.com

I can do a lot with Vdub and AVISynth but it is not a simple 'click the mouse and your finished' system. How technically oriented are you, it makes a difference for what we would suggest.

MP4 is the same file my bloggie makes so just go to your local Best Buy and they should have Vegas Movie Studio HD 9.0 which is just 50 bucks and works great except bad green screen editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom