D80 Accessories help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, yeh, thanks again.

I think i might just go for the one i posted, it can only be so bad at that price. And it has good reviews from amazon customers. I don't really care about the label, if it's light, well built, and does the job then i'm happy :)
I havn't got any of the money yet anyway, so still plenty of time to do a bit of research.

Thanks for all that.

I didn't really want to spend that much, but going abroad with it, it has to be light. Hence the carbon fiber one. I barely get under the luggage weight restriction as it is. Still i'll take a look at both of them and do some research.

Will these ball head models play nicely with a camcorder ? I have a decent camcorder as it is, and it would be nice if the tripod would work well with it too. I have a really cheap tripod already, but it's tacky not sturdy and the panning is jerky, not so much a problem for SLR's but video is a totally different ball game.

If you are going to be using it with a camcorder then it is kind of a different story. This is where the ball head would really be useful.

I still think a flash would be a better first investment.

Well i'm not to sure myself. While i am in no doubt it would be useful in certain situations, i'm just not sure how many of those situations i will find myself in. I mostly do landscape photography and rarely shoot indoors, although i guess i like to do macro shots where it could be useful.

Your going to have to trust me here, get a good tripod before you get a good flash. You will use it allot more and it is a much better investment, especially for landscape. Let the flash wait.

It ultimately comes down to the type of photography you do. I don't do a lot of studio, long exposure, or HDR photography, ergo a tripod isn't a tool I wind up using often. Instead I do a lot of night, action, and party photography where a good flash is almost necessary.

I think i will get a tripod, and in all actuality from the research i have done, it seems a ring flash would suit me most.

I like to shoot landscape and architecture, which rarely requires a flash, and macro, where a ring flash would be useful. Or a considerably cheaper ring light.

Where ever i look i find opposing opinions :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom