Canon Reble T1i with 18-50mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
HI guys , i am new in photography wanna ask guru out there for some tips.

in a shop near my place, there is an offer for canon T1i with 18-50mm Kit and another offer with 18-200mm ( tamron without IS ) both same price , which one should I get _? please explain thanks

If it's the kit 18-55IS, go with the 18-55 IS. It's a sharper lens, smaller, less distortions, if you need the extra reach, just get a 55-250 kitted with it.

The Tamron 18-2xx's really suck. The only superzooms that are really worth anything in my opinion are the Nikon 18-200's, the Canon 18-200 isn't bad, and the panasonic 14-140, with the latter being the best, especially for video, but also the most expensive.

Generally, with canon, if it doesn't say L on it, or it's not a prime, it's not too super. The 15-85, 17-55, and 70-300IS though are pretty awesome.

stay away from the 28-135, that lens could barely resolve the 20D, and they're kitting it with 7D's? ugh.. You can look online, and the images speak for themselves, terrible sharpness on the 50D and 7D.

LOL... I must have a sharp copy of the 28-135. I actually like the lens quite a bit. Some friends have it and it's not so sharp. The only thing I don't like is that the zoom is loose and doesn't hold its spot very well...

The 18-55 was a "good" lens for the XS I had. However, once I got my 50mm 1.8, the 18-55 was almost never used.

I'm loving the 18-55, really nice for a kit lens. Save up some cash and get a nice telephoto if you need one.

LOL... I must have a sharp copy of the 28-135. I actually like the lens quite a bit. Some friends have it and it's not so sharp. The only thing I don't like is that the zoom is loose and doesn't hold its spot very well...

The 18-55 was a "good" lens for the XS I had. However, once I got my 50mm 1.8, the 18-55 was almost never used.

I have a similar copy of the Nikon 24-120VR. Notorious for it's lousy picture quality, but the one I have is unusually sharp, still not GREAT, but sharper than most. however, it has weird handling, like my focus ring is all gummed up, and alway has, i thought it was normal till i felt a new one a coupla years ago.

i dunno, you might have a good copy, but the ones i've used on 50D's, and 5D's have all been less than convincing. IMO canon needs up update it, or the 24-105L for the next super high-res FF bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom