Camera advice needed please!

Erahang

Beta member
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding a suitable replacement for my wife's aging Canon 5D mk1 that she inherited from her dad. The camera works fully and she has 2 lenses, a 28 - 100mm lense and a 400mm telephoto lens.
She has recently started taking photograph lessons to better understand all the settings on the camera, however is finding that she struggles with the size and weight of the camera and it lacks a number of modern features (through the viewfinder only, no movable screen etc).
My question is, what would be a decent replacement body, that can use the lenses she has. I realise that in its day, the 5D was a professional grade camera and seriously expensive... our budget won't get anywhere near the price of a 6D so it needs to be cheaper. I have been looking at the Nikon Coolpix B700 but not really knowing much about cameras, plus I want this to be a present for my wife.
Recommendations gratefully received!
Thanks.

Hi everyone. I have a question regarding a suitable replacement for my wife's aging Canon 5D mk1 that she inherited from her dad. The camera works fully and she has 2 lenses, a 28 - 100mm lense and a 400mm telephoto lens.
She has recently started taking photograph lessons to better understand all the settings on the camera, however is finding that she struggles with the size and weight of the camera and it lacks a number of modern features (through the viewfinder only, no movable screen etc).
My question is, what would be a decent replacement body, that can use the lenses she has. I realise that in its day, the 5D was a professional grade camera and seriously expensive... our budget won't get anywhere near the price of a 6D so it needs to be cheaper. I read the Nikon Coolpix B700 review but not really knowing much about cameras, plus I want this to be a present for my wife.
Recommendations gratefully received!
Thanks.

Any updates?

Considering all of the stuff you outlined (not able to cope with cost, weight, size, etc.), I would suggest going with a micro four thirds system, be it Olympus or Panasonic. The Olympus OM-D EM1 mark II for example, or a Pen-F for even smaller size (or a Panasonic GX9). It is a very mature system with dozens of native and third party lenses. I swapped from full frame to micro four thirds and never looked back. Look into it. With the current 20MP sensors professional A3+ prints at 300DPI are achievable.

Back
Top Bottom