Best flash cards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I figured with some of you using very high end cameras, you use good flash cards..?

Well if i do get a HD Camcorder, i'll need atleast a Class 4 SDHC card. What are the best brands to go for in terms of reliability without being too expensive ? I'm hoping you say Transcend are decent - because they offer fair prices for there Class 6 cards :)

Thanks.

Sandisk and Lexar. PNY cards are also pretty quick as well, and i've never had any problems with them.

What Sandisk card should i get ? they don't seem to use the Class system, instead they just rate the write speed performance :confused:

I was about to say they made Extreme IV, but that's CF cards only I think, haha.

Extreme III is what I'd go with personally.

Anything cheeper ? a 16GB Extreme 3 sets me back $148..:eek:

edit:

the transcend Class 6 16GB seems decent and much better priced, i think i'll go with that.

You could always get a couple 8gb cards, since they're a third of the price of the 16gb cards.

Not quite the same as taking pictures though, what if i'm halfway through recording on a memory card..The bigger the card, the better.

I'm not stupid, I do know the pros and cons of different size memory cards...

I just didn't realize that 8gb wasn't enough space for recording video. Just giving you my recommendation.

Didnt say you were stupid :rolleyes: Just that i'll be using it for long recordings (time lapses etc) So will need bigger memory cards than 8gb.

1080P Recording takes up about 2.5MB/s to 3MB/s, a 16GB card is still only good for 2 or so hours on the highest quality, but Hard Drive based Camcorders arn't tough enough for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom