Anyone use a graphics tablet to edit photo's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
As title suggests, does anyone here use a graphics tablet to edit there photo's ?

I'm about to go pick up a cheep £40 graphics tablet (Wacom can stuff off if they expect me to pay £350 for the same active area). Hoping it'll help alot with drawing, editting photo's etc. Just hoping that despite it's cheep price tag it's up to the job :thumbsup:

I know a coupla people who swear by their tablets. I personally feel too much of a disconnection between what i'm doing on the tablet and what's on the screen.

I know a coupla people who swear by their tablets. I personally feel too much of a disconnection between what i'm doing on the tablet and what's on the screen.

I am using mine now.

So glad i didn't spend alot of money, it's practicly flawless thus far. It works perfectly in everything i try, it's as precise as it would ever need to be in my opinion and the pressure levels work really good.

And i know what you mean, i do feel slightly disconnected, but then i did when i first picked up a mouse (never quite went where i wanted to) it all comes with practice i guess.

One thing for sure though, is it doesn't suddenly make you into an artist ! (Drawn a picture, and it looks like an 8 year old drew it..)

I shall practice though.

i can use it well now for navigating the desktop. It's not quite as quick as a mouse, but it has it's advantages.

You still run into the same problems you do on paper though if your not some super artists, such as drawing straight lines at funny angles etc. Doesn't solve any of that - infact it's worse, because the tablets work area is smaller than my screen, any small movements when drawing a straight line are amplifified. Whereas a straight line with a pencil may be a bit curved, with a tablet it's both curved and very rough (unless you draw a quick line). But thats not any fault with the tablet, thats my conciderable lack of any artistic skill :p

As i previously said though, it comes into it's own when editing photo's. Something that would take 30minutes with a mouse may take half that time with a tablet, and even less so if i bought one with physical shortcut keys that let you zoom etc, instead i opted for the slimmer one with macro keys that make you have to hold down Ctrl, which is pretty useless really.

Wacom

If it's not a Wacom, it's a not work paying money for it.

The Bamboo is good for hobbitist.
The Intuos range is good if you are serious about it.
The Cintque range is there if you got the money to spend on it.

Not really a tablet addict, but I love my Wacom Bamboo One.
Sometimes I end up using it as a mouse when I'm browsing around when I'm not gaming because it feels nice.

Yeah, i asked my girlfriend what she wants for christmas, she said she wants an Intuos 4.

Wacom

If it's not a Wacom, it's a not work paying money for it.

The Bamboo is good for hobbitist.
The Intuos range is good if you are serious about it.
The Cintque range is there if you got the money to spend on it.

That's what i heard. But the Trust tablet i got gets good reviews from everyone.

I can absolutely promise you a Wacom can not possibly be much better. Okay, it can be made better and has better program support but that is the only things that could be quite a bit better, everything else will be on a minute scale unnoticeable by everyone except serious artists and the like.

But 1024 pressure levels is easily enough, i couldn't control anymore so there would be no point. And at no point ever have i not been able to do something because the tablet is only 2500lpi and not Wacom's 5000 or whatever lpi.

And even if it is better, it's certainly not worth 5x as much !. Which is my complaint with Wacom tablets, a ridiculous price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom