50D vs. 500D (T1i)

Status
Not open for further replies.
id have liked a d300 or a 50d the d300 was way over what i could afford the 50d i would have had to waited a while, so far i have been more then impressed with the d90. nikkor lenses are pricey yes, but sigma and tamron make some great lenses as well. the one bonus nikon has and nobody can argue is the same lens mount for 50+ years. so some one with an older lens collection can keep there lenses. the noise handling on my d90 is quite amazing as well, i shot up to 1600 ISO and it looked like 800 on my older Pentax. but I'm sure we can all agree with ever way you go your getting excellent camera's.

How long does the d90 record HD video for ? i heard there was a 5minute limit or something stupid.

How long does the d90 record HD video for ? i heard there was a 5minute limit or something stupid.

it is 5 minutes for hd and 20 for regular quality the reasoning for this is the sensor is only used to exposure to light for up to a few seconds, when you expose the sensor to light to record the video it heats up, if you continue any longer then that you could possibly damage your imaging sensor so they locked it at 5 minutes.

So basically, the HD video aspect of the D90 is not really a perk and shouldn't be a deciding factor when buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom