50D vs. 500D (T1i)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying, the 50D is £779 to £1,285. Just in my experience with photography, one should ALWAYS buy a camera that is a little bit higher then what they know how to use, as it will allow for growing room. Also, my personal opinion is that Canon has an edge on Nikon as far as the reliability of their camera's. I've owned many of both brands, and the Canon has always lasted longer. Just as well the customer service is amazing.

As far as my business is concerned we recently made the switch to Canon only after being with both Canon and Nikon. The reason we did is that we've had some major issues with quality control on Nikon's end and their failure to resolve the problems in a timely and courteous manner is what provoked the switch.

I don't understand how the D90 is more geared towards people that can't afford a 50D, when it's only about $150 more for the body, depending on where you get it from...if you're already spending ~$1000 and you're serious about photography, an extra 150 bucks is not that big of a deal, so that argument really doesn't hold that much water.

That being said, it also depends on what camera you had before, and what lenses/accessories you have for it. Me personally, I like Canon a lot, and I've had great experiences with them as opposed to Nikons (unless you count the FM10, which is really old and a manual camera...I do like that one). My old camera was a Canon Rebel X 35mm that I had 2 different lenses for, which will be backwards compatible with my Rebel XS, which is useful seeing as I don't have that much money to spend on good glass.

BUT, if you are just in the market for a whole new camera kit and such, 50D over the D90 any day.

Not only that, but that $150 will more than pay for itself in quality/features. The 50D is very close to professional grade, and in most cases when coupled with a good lens is at professional quality.

I'm not going to argue, because frankly i don't know much about cameras.

But on an A4 print, does one really notice the difference between a 12mp sensor and a 15mp sensor..? Because thats all i will ever print at.

The only reason that I would go to a D90 would be because of its noise handling. It's so much better than the 50D. My only problem with nikon is I dont care for the interface, and I hate how much their glass costs! Not that L glass is cheap anyway, but Nikon glass is just not cheap no matter how you look at it.

I'm sticking with my Canon's and i'll be keeping my 50D for a long time. I see no need for a full-frame camera anyway.

I'm not going to argue, because frankly i don't know much about cameras.

But on an A4 print, does one really notice the difference between a 12mp sensor and a 15mp sensor..? Because thats all i will ever print at.

no, not really. But the difference in the cameras goes far beyond the Mp rating

I think MP are only important to the point of what type of printing you want to do, if any, but that was back when high end cameras had 8mp. Nowadays, it's really a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom