Which WoW to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol you confuse me! First you said he was wrong and that I would need two copies of the game to play on two accounts. Then you said to buy just the battlechest and install it on both computers! :confused:

yea you can install the game on multiple computers..but the activation code is only good for one(1) account (you have to use that code in order to go to the new lands)

You can use the 1 copy of game to install on as many computers as you want.

BUT what I'm saying is that ***In the game comes with an activation key. This key is only good for 1(ONE) account. This means that if you wanted to play with 2(TWO) accounts you will have to buy another copy of games.***

If you want 2 accounts..you need 2 copy of games. If you want 1 account on two computers..you only need 1 copy of games.

My g/f played the 10 day trial of the game and I thought she didn't like it because she never mentioned anything about it. Weeks later she comes to me and ask how she can play that game again. I was surprised to say the least. She isn't a gamer.

Any way I think I am going to buy the game and see if she plays it. Every time I see this game I see a bunch of different WoW boxes with different prices and such. Which one should I get? What is the difference? I'm not confusing the old Warcraft RTS games just so you know. I am just confused on what the difference is in the MMO WoW boxes.

Edit: also can I install the game on more then one computer and just make individual accounts for her and I or do I need to buy two copies?

Firstly..... I have to say this..... 'DON'T DO IT!!!!! YOUR LIFE WILL BE CONSUMED'

Now that I got that out of my system.....

Basic world of War Craft will get you started. However if you want to play a Blood Elf or Draenei, then you will want ot be picking up the Burning Crusade. It would best to pick up both at the same time.

With Wrath of the Lich King, I would not be worried about purchaing that until you are at least level 55. At level 55, you will be able to make a Death Knight Character.

You can install the game on as maney computers as you want, however you will only be able to access your account from one computer at any one time.
If you want to play 2 account, then you will need to pick up 2 copys of WoW + Expansions

Can I just install the game on both and use the key on one account and then is there a way to just make an account from scratch with out a key? Like just put in my info and creditcard stuff? I would think there is a way to do this since they have those 10 day free trials.

Can I just install the game on both and use the key on one account and then is there a way to just make an account from scratch with out a key? Like just put in my info and creditcard stuff? I would think there is a way to do this since they have those 10 day free trials.

you can do that..but you'll still have to buy a key (online or buy a retail copy of game) for the second account

Is a key cheaper then the full game purchase? Basically just want two accounts for WoW at the cheapest possible way. That should clear everything up! :D

Is a key cheaper then the full game purchase? Basically just want two accounts for WoW at the cheapest possible way. That should clear everything up! :D

An activation key is $20 :(

If you install the battlechest cd's on both computers and use one key on one account, then buy an online key for the other, then you will be able to play with 2 accounts without buying another set of cd's.

I would recomend buying 2 world of warcraft battle chest.
Basicly you need two sperate accounts.

Account A
Account B

One for you and your girlfriend.
Each account needs to have a WoW key activated in the account management.

Now the battle chest has the original game key + Burning crusade expansion. Which will let you get your characters to level 70.

Log into your world of warcraft account management, and click upgrade wow and type in the key that is included in the battle chests.

Do this for both your accounts.

Once you get 70 you can buy the next expansion wrath of the lich king.

Battle chest looks like this.
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww346/dead123435/wowchest.jpg

Hope this helps.

My sister was pointing out some thing rather interesting...

WoW has the recruit a friend program. What happens if you happen to be over level 60, you can recruit a friend to start playing WoW. While your level 60 character is going help out the new player with quest, the new character is earning 3x the normal XP. So where it would normally take about 2 weeks solid play to level up to 60, you can have a level 60 character in about 2 days.
And the new player account has this benefit for the first 3 months so he/she can explore other classes and races.

This only works with new accounts, and the level 60 recruiting character needs to be willing to put the time in to help level up the new account.

I would recomend buying 2 world of warcraft battle chest.
Basicly you need two sperate accounts.

Account A
Account B

One for you and your girlfriend.
Each account needs to have a WoW key activated in the account management.

Now the battle chest has the original game key + Burning crusade expansion. Which will let you get your characters to level 70.

Log into your world of warcraft account management, and click upgrade wow and type in the key that is included in the battle chests.

Do this for both your accounts.

Once you get 70 you can buy the next expansion wrath of the lich king.

Battle chest looks like this.
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww346/dead123435/wowchest.jpg

Hope this helps.

By why pay $40 twice for two battle chest when I can just get one and purchase another activation key for $20. Someone above you said I could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom