Which WoW to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
My g/f played the 10 day trial of the game and I thought she didn't like it because she never mentioned anything about it. Weeks later she comes to me and ask how she can play that game again. I was surprised to say the least. She isn't a gamer.

Any way I think I am going to buy the game and see if she plays it. Every time I see this game I see a bunch of different WoW boxes with different prices and such. Which one should I get? What is the difference? I'm not confusing the old Warcraft RTS games just so you know. I am just confused on what the difference is in the MMO WoW boxes.

Edit: also can I install the game on more then one computer and just make individual accounts for her and I or do I need to buy two copies?

My g/f played the 10 day trial of the game and I thought she didn't like it because she never mentioned anything about it. Weeks later she comes to me and ask how she can play that game again. I was surprised to say the least. She isn't a gamer.

Any way I think I am going to buy the game and see if she plays it. Every time I see this game I see a bunch of different WoW boxes with different prices and such. Which one should I get? What is the difference? I'm not confusing the old Warcraft RTS games just so you know. I am just confused on what the difference is in the MMO WoW boxes.

Edit: also can I install the game on more then one computer and just make individual accounts for her and I or do I need to buy two copies?

You have to buy the first WoW First, then you have to buy the Burning Crusade, then you have to buy WOTLK, for each account.

So your looking at about 70$ per account to get it all setup, and then the monthly fee. (After your game cards run out from each box you bought)

yea you can install the game on multiple computers..but the activation code is only good for one(1) account (you have to use that code in order to go to the new lands)

I would recommend buying the battle chest. It includes the original and Burning Crusade. That usually runs about $40. You don't have to worry about Wrath of the Lich King if you are just starting out. Its just high level stuff. As far as I know anyways, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
And you will have to buy two accounts. Like wafflehammer said you can install on as many computers as you want from the disks but you will need to buy a different account for each one.

You have to buy the first WoW First, then you have to buy the Burning Crusade, then you have to buy WOTLK, for each account.

So your looking at about 70$ per account to get it all setup, and then the monthly fee. (After your game cards run out from each box you bought)

But what is the point of the other ones you mentioned I need to buy? Just addons? Like new missions and cities? I not much of a RPG/MMO person so bare with me here.

Edit:

nosbusch2005,

How much are the accounts after I buy the box set?

But what is the point of the other ones you mentioned I need to buy? Just addons? Like new missions and cities? I not much of a RPG/MMO person so bare with me here.

Edit:

nosbusch2005,

How much are the accounts after I buy the box set?

Each expansion adds to the game. Burning Crusade adds two new races and a new continents complete with cities/quests/dungeons/loot etc. More importantly it adds to the level cap of the game. The base game goes to level 60 and each expansion adds another 10 levels.

After you buy the game it will cost $15 a month per account (first month is free though).

I would recommend buying the battle chest. It includes the original and Burning Crusade. That usually runs about $40. You don't have to worry about Wrath of the Lich King if you are just starting out. Its just high level stuff. As far as I know anyways, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
And you will have to buy two accounts. Like wafflehammer said you can install on as many computers as you want from the disks but you will need to buy a different account for each one.

wrong...

you'll only need 1 account for her to play. BUT if you wanted to play on both computers at the same time with different accounts you would have to buy two copies of the games.

Just buy the battlechest..it comes with the original game, first expansion, and some guides i think... install it on both computers...and you'll be set for awhile

wrong...

you'll only need 1 account for her to play. BUT if you wanted to play on both computers at the same time with different accounts you would have to buy two copies of the games.

Just buy the battlechest..it comes with the original game, first expansion, and some guides i think... install it on both computers...and you'll be set for awhile

lol you confuse me! First you said he was wrong and that I would need two copies of the game to play on two accounts. Then you said to buy just the battlechest and install it on both computers! :confused:

I think that part of the issue is that no one is sure if you want to get the game JUST for her or are you interested in playing also? (At the same time with your own account/characters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom