What is it about WoW that makes so many people addicted to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone through 3 or 4 spurts of it. Every time I picked it back up it was cause I wanted to play with friends, and it'd work for a while then I'd either play for a wicked long time straight, and get burned out on it and just be like EFF OFF WOW! Lately I had a fun group to play with and got up to like 68 or something after casual game play and my friend quit so I did as well. I keep wanting to go back and play but it's just a never ending cycle and I don't have the time to devote to being a hardcore wow'er so it isn't really worth it for me.. It's a really fun game though, and I think that blizzard did a fabulous job developing it and keeping players interested. I would hop on private servers all the time and play just to check out the new area's and new instances and stuff.

I've been playing since launch but like most things in my life I can enjoy this in moderation. I've always enjoyed this type of game but i guess I've enjoyed WoW more since I don't have to be married to it to see a lot of the top end parts of the game (orginal EQ anyone??) Will I see everything, probably not but I can still see most of it without it being a huge drain on my time. There are a lot of time sinks as most MMO's have I guess it's just a matter of how many you get sucked into. I don't play everyday or anything but I've cleared all the new instances/raids from WoTLK and now at some point I'll check out Ulduar.Before Wrath came out I barely played for about 6 months. I guess people get trapped into making a lot of characters and for me I just find the one I like the most and I make him the best I can. Which in WoW really isn't that bad a time commitment. a game shouldn't be a job it should be fun. Anyway, just my two cents. A lot of the reasons people gave make sense.

Here is one of my favorites

Attachments

• the_dangers_of_wow2.jpg
    the_dangers_of_wow2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom