Top free mmorpgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceeren

Baseband Member
I just quit wow... 2 years ago.. first few months seemed like years but I got over it, now I NEED a MMORPG, (Free)So I don't waste 1000$ on playing a game. I crave those a lot now and I need to level up again.. Lol.. So I was hoping for a good mmorpg that people play and is GOOD. I Tried silkroad and I hated it.. Too confusing.

Re: Top mmorpgs

If you can get in the free to play Lord of the Rings online beta, that is an excellent choice. Otherwise, it will be free for you this fall.

Re: Top mmorpgs

If you are after the same level of WoW, but you don not want to pay for it, your choices are going to be limited.

Might I recommend Dungeons & Dragons Online. There is a Free, but rather limited acount that can be created there.

Otherwise, there is Guild Wars. Free to play, but you will be paying for the client.

The problem is most other MMORPS that are free to play is that they are really not that good or well supported.

I have guild wars, Not a big fan.

Also downloading D&D online right now. Thanks

The other game that you can play for free is Eve Online. Not sure what the value is, but provided that you can generate enough ingame currancy (or ISK), then you can pay your monthly subscription using that.

Not sure how you do that, but i know that there are a few member here on TF that has done it and only had to pay for the first month's subsciption.

The only problem with EVE Online is
1. Steep learning curve. The tutorial is about 2 hours. Sit for it because if you start paging every one "How do I fly my space ship?" you will have the rest of the server telling you to "Sit the tutorial"
2. Death is very unforgiving in this game. Cloning and Insurance is your best friend.

Runes of Magic is a good WoW-type game to play. I tried it out and a lot of the people i talked to were ex-WoW players. I couldn't really get into it myself, but i can assume it's good since i met so many ex-WoWers out there.

Forsaken World is pretty good, Free to Play and free client. Huge rip on WoW as in it looks, plays very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom