Star wars the old republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacca

Solid State Member
just started playing star wars the old republic, coming from playing wow, i think the game is great! just wondering what people think of the game considering it only came out in december

hi, i preordered so i got to play on the servers before the idiots flooded in ;) in which they did (horror stories)

i think its a great game, bioware have done fantastically adding their conversation system to it and it really gives a good feel to the game, you really do feel invested in your characters.

it plays like a single player game with a larger environment and there are several ways you can play and even take an apprentice, if you're jedi.

the style is similar to the first movies lol so a ton of 70s plastic modelling on helmets that look like giant wangs, but i try to look past it.
also the customisation of armour is nice. if you get a nice orange coloured item you like the look of, you can keep upgrading it so you dont have to get rid of it, something i hated on WoW.

the spaceships are on rails and only for one player unfortunatly, so that aspect isnt brilliant and after the first 10 times you do a mission it feels very samey.
overall, its one of the best MMOs ive ever played and you get a laser sword!

my advice though, if you have a friend let them play too, it really enriches the experience if you play together

recently picked this up, i agree with sheepy, get a friend or two, and it makes it so much better. I also came from WoW so its a nice change of pace!

yeah i agree with what you said, i was getting a bit bored of WoW but this game is a breath of fresh air!

what are these horror stories? ha

i'm a casual WOW player and I'm curious to try SWTOR, but somehow I've heard a lot of complaints from current subscribers.
A few days ago I found a comic in Reddit where some users were complaining about EA's customer service. This is the aforementioned comic:

Photo Album - Imgur

Is that true?. One thing I must recognize is that blizzard's customer service is awesome.
I've had bad experiences with EA/Origin, and that's why I'm reclutant to try this game. What do you think?

bad experiences?

ive never had a problem, and all support for anything with over a million customers is slow and inefficient these days.
you think thats bad? ive been banned from bioware support for ragging on one of their reps.

I do not own it (I would like two), but played it for a little bit with my friend. Really enjoyed it, and thought the gameplay was even more impressive than I expected. Definitely one of the better games on the market right now

Ive been playing since mid march and im loving it, its absolutely fantastic, especially with the new 1.2 update :D

I decided not to start playing. Already put too much time into WoW. My friend left WoW for it and was back a few weeks later. He told me it sucked with the glitches and how slow it ran. He said he might try it again in the future once they have worked the kinks out of it. For those who have played both...what is better about Star Wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom