Star Trek: Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logarithms

Banned
I just thought we could use a place to discuss the much anticipated upcoming MMORPG. There has been some interesting concepts and concept art released. However, there has been some disappointing revelations like the idea of being a ship in space combat and exploration.

Any other thoughts about Star Trek: Online?

The idea of bing a ship has all ready been done with EVE Online. It's rather limited "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before" if you are just going to be stuck in orbit all the time.

The idea works well for the EVE Online because you character in EVE Online IS part of the ship. The only time that happens with Star Trek is with the Borg Collective.

The other consern that i have for this game is this. What is stopping every one from rolling up Klingons (or Borg).

Also, what era will this game be set at?
ENT, TOS, TOS Movies II to VI, TNG, DS9, VOY

The game is going to be taking place after Nemesis. I understand your concern, but I would actually happy with everyone being Klingon.:D

The idea of bing a ship has all ready been done with EVE Online. It's rather limited "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before" if you are just going to be stuck in orbit all the time.

The idea works well for the EVE Online because you character in EVE Online IS part of the ship. The only time that happens with Star Trek is with the Borg Collective.

The other consern that i have for this game is this. What is stopping every one from rolling up Klingons (or Borg).

Also, what era will this game be set at?
ENT, TOS, TOS Movies II to VI, TNG, DS9, VOY

EVE Online is........freaking..........massive. Way overwhelming. Not for the faint of heart. The tutorials alone takes HOURS. I stopped myself from playing it. STEAM had/has that sweet play for free for 21 days or whatever, but after a few days of playing it, I stopped. Because I knew it was going to suck me in for all eternity.

The game is going to be taking place after Nemesis. I understand your concern, but I would actually happy with everyone being Klingon.:D

I'd rather they do a tv series after Nemesis.

EVE Online is........freaking..........massive. Way overwhelming. Not for the faint of heart. The tutorials alone takes HOURS. I stopped myself from playing it. STEAM had/has that sweet play for free for 21 days or whatever, but after a few days of playing it, I stopped. Because I knew it was going to suck me in for all eternity.

Very true. Eve does have a steep learning curve. At least they changed the tutorial around where you are off in space and you are doing a bit of space combat and mining. After that, you go back to a base and you start learning all the other playier mainitance.

I wonder how many new playiers EVE lost over the years as they got bored in the air lock waitng for the basic playier mantance tutorial to finish. And the other playiers that are on the eve servers don't have the time for new playiers that have not completed the tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom