So I am thinking about playing Guild Wars 2

Yes.

But, it depends on what you're looking for in an MMO. I have 4 level 80 characters and have dabbled in some of the PVP stuff.

What do you want to know that you don't already?

Do you usually play PvE or do you do a lot of single PVP or team PVP? Do you like dungeons? What other MMOs have you played? Do you expect there to be an end-game similar to WoW?

The one thing GW2 does different than other MMOs is lets you play PvE by yourself, but makes it not boring/grinding or makes you feel that you're alone. A lot of the game is based around dynamic leveling up or down. I can explain more if needed. But, if you're playing PvE by yourself you aren't going to be going from NPC to NPC doing mindless objectives. Most of the "missions" in the game have you completing tasks passively with other players around you.

I had about 200 hours in and after I hit my first level 80 I stopped. After that leveling seems tedious because you've been to areas you've been to already :tongue:

Started playing last night.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can't answer too many questions about current events/celebrations but core gameplay and such sure.

Best class for a beginner is Warrior. Its also one of the most sought after classes in the game so you can't go wrong. Next is probably Guardian. The worst to level is Mesmer/Engineer.

I had about 200 hours in and after I hit my first level 80 I stopped. After that leveling seems tedious because you've been to areas you've been to already :tongue:

200 hours to level 1 80? Thats a lot, but I don't know all what you were doing. When I leveled my 2nd 80 I didn't have a hard time finding new areas to explore. Also, most people will just level to around level 50 on additional characters and then speed level the 3 cheapest crafting skills for under 5g in about 30-45 mins and takes them to 80.

My 3rd character was done from crafting once I hit like level 20. And my 4th I did with a friend. If you have a friend who knows the game well and you guys speed level together you can get to level 45-50 in a weekend.

Back
Top Bottom