The Secret World

Sheepykins

Daemon Poster
Hiya,

So I got into the Secret world beta, without preordering ;) just thought i'd share my thoughts

Game design looks good, the graphics engine is quite nice, good textures - the music blows and the character customisation is fairly limited so far, i'm not sure if more options will ship with the game.

It plays like warcraft or any other mmo, look around with the mouse (no mouse sensitivity option in the menu, so its slow) and the keyboard for hotkeys, abilities etc.

Theres quite a few weapons and magic, as you kill stuff and do quests you earn skill points and ability points. Skill points are put into weapons or magic in two categories, damage and support, abilitiy points go into unlocking new skills for those weapons you've chosen.

The good thing about that is, no levels - no cap on how much you generate, you can learn every weapon skill and magic ability!

they put more emphasis on the world, and it looks great and they've cluttered it with tons of interactive objects.... just not as many as they said.

for instance the first town, kingsmouth has about 40 houses. only about 4 of them are actually open for people to walk in and run around.

there are 3 factions, each with a main storyline to follow - but tbh, they all end up working together in PVE which makes little sense and only really do combat in pvp.

Anyone else played this yet?

I have watched the development of this game with interest since the first glimpses of advertisements (and riddles!) :). After it lauched, the feedbacks I had was though the game is good, there are some issues concerning character mouvements and player vs player. Not to mention the game seems quite expensive to play overall, with monthly payments adding up to a relatively high retail price.

they always do, but the point of paying is better content and constant improvement.
Rather than relying on a F2P scheme which a good 60% of players wont use.

Yeah tbh, mouselook would have made the game better, but i found a few scripts to run on the official forums which the devs dont seem to mind people using.

Yay or Nay not this game? I am currently waiting for this game to come up on special via Steam. However I am willing the bet that it will be free to play some time in the next 6 to 12 months.

I finally got it last weekend! I'm also been very lucky because there was a big sale for the boxed copy at the retail store, the day I went shopping for it! ;)

As of now, I am really satisfied withThe Secret World. The graphics are awesome, it's very fluid and the atmosphere is really intense. I find it more challenging than my other MMO, World of Warcraft, without being too rough. It's really a fresh new experience unlike anything I have seen or heard about before. The long wait was well worth the result.

Back
Top Bottom