RuneScape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew131213

Solid State Member
Does anyone play RuneScape. It's another MMORPG. If you do play, then you
could be on the same bandwagon with me when I say.
Why don't they just drop what they're doing, and create a downloadable game with
better graphics, better sound quality, more and improved features, and AMAZING gameplay
compared to what they have going on right now?

They could do it if they wanted, and it would save them some money because they could
close a few F2P servers. I just don't get it. Your opinions are wanted.

Would be a good idea from a technical standpoint, but it's still aweful kiddified game.

Does anyone play RuneScape. It's another MMORPG. If you do play, then you
could be on the same bandwagon with me when I say.
Why don't they just drop what they're doing, and create a downloadable game with
better graphics, better sound quality, more and improved features, and AMAZING gameplay
compared to what they have going on right now?

They could do it if they wanted, and it would save them some money because they could
close a few F2P servers. I just don't get it. Your opinions are wanted.

I agree, but then again consider that this game was aimed at 10-13 year old children. Most young children don't really have that high-end of a rig with most using integrated video cards; in addition, the fact that it uses Java is also a huge limiting factor in the game.

I used to play RS a lot, It was fun when you were having fun. I found that you would spend 90% of your time getting ready to have fun and then you would spend 10% of it having fun...

Also you have to remember that the game came out 10 years ago so what can you expect.

I used to play RuneScape when I was 10 or 11... but then I got this computer, and then got into FPS games. While there are mature players in the game, more than half of the community is just annoying.

People complain so much about Jagex. It's a free game, what do you expect? I actually agree with most of their updates, and I feel like the community treats Jagex like trash.

I agree, but then again consider that this game was aimed at 10-13 year old children. Most young children don't really have that high-end of a rig with most using integrated video cards; in addition, the fact that it uses Java is also a huge limiting factor in the game.

Actually in their rules they state you have to be 13 (or at least have parental consent if you're under it) so I doubt it's aimed for that age group.

I agree with almost everyone else says in this thread too.

Yes, they are limited since they use java...but they use it very well.

The community sucks now. Everyone complains over everything. Like when they updated it to being "high def" everyone was going on about not being able to run it even though it takes very little to run. So if they made a downloaded game people would go insane...

Yeah, being a browser game with pretty good graphics now, it stands out among a lot of games. And it is cheap monthly to play.

Jagex (the makers of RS) keep updating the game and changing it so that the bots can't work, but it butchers the game for legit players, for example they removed wilderness pking. They lost 60,000 subscribers when they removed the wilderness.

I guess it's better than having the number of bots that Silkroad Online currently has.

And all of the people who complain are members, since members are the only ones who can post on the forums. They have a right to complain because they pay for the game. Jagex is doing a pretty good job of making the game bot/hacker free though, they deserve a pat on the back.

I used to play it when it was 2D. I hated it when it went 3D, I couldn't find my way around anywhere...and yes, I know I could play the classic version, but you try logging on and appearing in the middle of 3 lesser demons without any armor or items...

I used to play for 2 or so years, off and on. Thought it was a great game at the time, still has a lot of good points too it, though i quite because there was just so many things that bugged me like the plethora of bots (at the time, not sure if they cleaned it up recently or not) and yes, I didn't agree with most of the updates that Jagex did, always seemed like they were trying to dumb down the game even more. Best times I had were pking the wildy with my clan, once you get your character up to a decent level there was a lot of fun to be had, but to get there it was grind grind grind. I remember getting my fire cape at level 80, Tank Ranger ftw! good times...

I got to lvl 76.

They took out the wilderness? How do you pk? Is the only thing left duels? Wow, the whole focus of that game was lvling up, getting good stuff, and then finally going out in the wilderness and pking. That is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom