RIft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played till level 5 on the rogue look a like and it plays exactly like wow.

Same quests, basic story, skill points, skill tree's, chat spam.

WoW didnt invent these things but sure progressed them. This game doesnt seem to invent anything. Then again i only got to level 5.

WoW didnt invent these things but sure progressed them. This game doesnt seem to invent anything. Then again i only got to level 5.

lol...

If enough people I know get it, I might get it to play in the summer.

For one MMO game to totally differentiate itself from another in 5 levels (Is that about 30 minutes of gameplay ?) would be impressive.

Its hard to make judgment on a game you haven't really played. So don't.

For one MMO game to totally differentiate itself from another in 5 levels (Is that about 30 minutes of gameplay ?) would be impressive.

There was a bit of tongue in cheek in the bluntness of my comments. However, is still believe this wont kill wow and will be happy to pay $20 to all who are playing this in 2012.

What makes it better than WoW? And don't most people end up going back to it because of the content?

It would be nice if more mmo's would take cue from lotro and incorporate some nicer looking environments. Really haven't seen anything match it.

What makes it better than WoW? And don't most people end up going back to it because of the content?

It would be nice if more mmo's would take cue from lotro and incorporate some nicer looking environments. Really haven't seen anything match it.

Content is always the thing, yeh. But i havn't really had a chance to learn about content yet.

So far, here is what i think:

-Great graphics
-Very similar to wow in some respects, quite a lot of things are almost identical in terms of UI, quests and stuff - it has definitely took a lot of ideas and inspiration, but considering WoW is the top it is no surprise and is probably a good thing.
-Some annoying aspects of wow improved, like if you kill 5 things in a very small area and go to loot, it will loot them all, you can climb over more terrain
-Public parties / raid groups work differently, everyone gets the loot unless its a rare item. XP doesn't seem to decrease in a party either
-The world designs are similar to WoW but so far seem better, more variety etc
-The random 'Rifts' are really cool. Basically from what i can tell anywhere at anytime a rift can open, which is like a portal to another part of the world where all these mobs can jump into and appear at the rift where you are, and you are tasked (along with anyone else in the area) to complete stages to close the rift.
-There are a lot of different subclasses, types, talent trees to do
-Seems to be a decent amount of content so far, i'm level 7 and have picked up about 4 different green chest pieces, 2 belts, 5 different blade weapons etc.

I am about to play it for another 2 hours so will give an update soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom