RIft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my friend who is a big wow dude likes it better. He thought Aion was the sh*t too though, and that didn't work out.

in my honest opinion there wont be a game that "kills" wow for sometime yet.. theres something that wow has that alot of MMORPG games these days dont have.. a history, well for most of us or atleast I myself grew up playing warcraft as a child and thats why WOW appeals to us.. its easy to immerse yourself into playing it because of the fact you know the history of the game where its come from and the history of the in-game feature.. where as these new games take a bit to immerse yourself into because its a brand new field.. i havent had any experience of rift to criticize it or back it.. but it wont probably affect the wow playing community to much...

The game, even in beta, played better and looked better then WoW. They just need to set the monthly price right as well as some proper marketing and could easily take a million or so people from wow. Not saying it will kill wow, but it could make a dent.

It is basically the exact same thing as wow... would expect them to be a bit more original.

SMH

Have you played either? I'm so tired of people saying every MMO is a copy of WoW. Like WoW was the first MMO or something.

So Call of Duty was just like Medal of Honor? Or Starcraft is just like Command and Conquer?

Agreed with Abstract, Rift is like WoW in the fact it is an MMO. But I find it more enjoyable and very different otherwise.

same i played wow for a bit and i just couldn't get into it the cartoony graphics annoyed me and made it a pain to play. plus i just don't like the way some things are done in wow. on the other hand Ive been in every rift beta since beta 4 and loved every min of it so much so i upgrade my pc to handle a eyefinity setup just to play rift. and i have to say that the extra room on the screen helps out a lot plus makes running threw packs of mobs easy. i love tanking with the 3 screens so easy to tab target mobs to keep aggro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom