RIft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should have done more competitive pricing for the first few months. Then the people that got it then would be grandfathered in as long as they keep it up.. They do a month free when you buy the game correct?

Yes it comes with 1 month free and subscriptions are lowered to developer pricing till the 15th so there is a competitive pricing setup it's just not long. But if you sign up at this pricing it will stay that price as long as your subscribed.

YouTube - 4.0.1 Elemental Invasion - FINAL STAGE - Orgrimmar

wow has been there and done that... it was called the elemental invasion, and it got annoying real quick thank god it was only a launch event for a week. they didn't just do it in capital cities either they had it all over the world of azeroth., also quest npc's being dead was quite annoying. the whole invasion idea in rift is cool, but will get annoying very quickly and in its own could be the cause of the downfall of this game.

Uhm, the normal rifts in Rift are small, local, and easily avoidable. The invasions are avoidable but it's a bit more difficult to do so, you generally do have to participate. But i don't mind, they're great fun, reward good xp, and are interesting.

I am really enjoying the game so far.

Uhm, the normal rifts in Rift are small, local, and easily avoidable. The invasions are avoidable but it's a bit more difficult to do so, you generally do have to participate. But i don't mind, they're great fun, reward good xp, and are interesting.

I am really enjoying the game so far.
Agreed.

Guild Wars 2 will kill WoW and every other mmorpg out there in the market including Rift.

With that said, it hard to support a company who learn nothing about Guild Wars success and still doing the monthly subscription in this day and age. It call "Greed"!

I truly believe Guild Wars 2 is the WoW Killer only because it something else entirely compare to all these WoW clone.

I compare the two game side by side and GW2 graphic is just more polish and better looking than RIFT. RIFT seem more like an update WoW graphic while GW2 graphic are amazing. Only flaw I see in GW2 is that there is no mount, and right now I am not sure which world is bigger.

Also what make this game not become a failhammer like Conan, Warhammer Online, LOTR online, etc...?

Worst case scenario, I have to pick this game up if GW2 doesn't hit store shelf in the summer.

I don't think rift will kill wow but it will provide the people that have played since vanilla something new. Yes it has the feel of wow, controls UI, n such. It does not have the "look" it is much more polished. I personally think it ingenious to "copy" so much from wow; "we" aren't required to learn a new game. And even calling a game a "wow copy" is incorrect as wow copied from everquest. They improved over it but still copied. But if we really want to keep going on and on about copies I am sure we will start talking about my golden days in the basement throwing multi sided dice. Gary Gygax practically invented ALL RPG's in 1974. But yes rift is fun, so is wow, so are other titles to some people. Play what you like, not what "everyone" else are playing. Life is too short for games you do not like!!! now I'm going to look in the attic for my dice....ahh memories

This thread reached irrelevant status on 03-04-2011 at 09:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Defluo/HorseWTF.gif
HorseWTF.gif

Guild Wars? Really? Not saying it won't be good but since your argument was how every MMO thus far has been a clone you have made a fool of your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom