Recommendations

Mare11

Baseband Member
Hello guys! I was wondering could some of you suggest game that will fit for new player with decent or big player base . I played wow for like 5 years so I am familiar with MMORPGS I also played Aion, Lord Of the Rings Online,Dofus,RaiderZ, Guild Wars : NightFall ,... and bunch of other MMORPGS but not longer than 1 week or even few hrs or days so it's not quite worth to mention them and list is really huge . Also I am looking for free2play game that is not forcing you to invest money to enojy .

Games that I am looking to try is Tera , Neverwinter and ArcheAge what do you think about that games ?

Edit : I also used to play Rift,Allods online, 4 story, Runes Of Magic and Dungeon and Dragons Online I figured out that would be worth mentioning too .

Last edited:
@Mare11-

Looks like you have played more MMORPG's than me, and I thought I've played them all.

You have played a lot of fantasy mmorpg.
Ever given sci fi MMORPG's a go?
To list a few I've play(ed) are:

Star Wars: Old Republic
Defiance
Star Trek: Online
Planet side

Planet side is a first person mmorpg. With land and air vehicles. Lots of fun.

Or MOBA's such as:
League of Legends
Dota 2

Have you tried Diablo 3?

Hope I can help with a few suggestions :)

Sent from my brain using Tech-Forums

Last edited:
I heard alot of good and bad things about SWTOR first of all that you must pay to fully enjoy game and that is major thing that drag me away from that game . I belive games like Definace, Firefall, PlanetSide are funny but I just can't imagine FPS in a MMORPG doesn't fit to me. Don't like PlanetSide because of Battlefield feel of game and I don't like that idea at all . Acutally I am playing Dota2 since beta and still playing it active. From MOBA games I played most HoN since beta too and even when it was buy to play, I tried Lol and didn't like it, also tried Smite not my game and last I played activily Strife new S2 game which is blowing my mind how good it is but already dead like HoN ... Played Diablo 3 too good game but nothing more than that .

Ok to be more specific what I am looking for I must say what I like the most from MMORPG game. First of all I like questing that is my fav part of all games. I like good questing, classic wow questing and that "feel of progression" while you lvl up and get new gear . Second I love big comunnity and doing dungeon runs even at lowest lvl you can go dungeon . And yes I prefer phantasy games.

I heard alot of good and bad things about SWTOR first of all that you must pay to fully enjoy game and that is major thing that drag me away from that game . I belive games like Definace, Firefall, PlanetSide are funny but I just can't imagine FPS in a MMORPG doesn't fit to me. Don't like PlanetSide because of Battlefield feel of game and I don't like that idea at all . Acutally I am playing Dota2 since beta and still playing it active. From MOBA games I played most HoN since beta too and even when it was buy to play, I tried Lol and didn't like it, also tried Smite not my game and last I played activily Strife new S2 game which is blowing my mind how good it is but already dead like HoN ... Played Diablo 3 too good game but nothing more than that .

Ok to be more specific what I am looking for I must say what I like the most from MMORPG game. First of all I like questing that is my fav part of all games. I like good questing, classic wow questing and that "feel of progression" while you lvl up and get new gear . Second I love big comunnity and doing dungeon runs even at lowest lvl you can go dungeon . And yes I prefer phantasy games.

You nailed it about SWTOR, it is most effectively a pay to play game, I really enjoyed it when it first came out, the community was great, it really gives you that feel of progressing through questing but gets pretty repetitive after lvl 30~
I really enjoyed the pvp though.
The "Huttball" matches I had were absolutely one of the best times I had collectively with guild mates in a MMORPG.

Defiance blew my mind when I started playing but got old quick and confused me even quicker.
I like games like planet side, I don't think they did it as effectively as I would like to see but I want to see more of the fps/MMORPG crossovers.

I have not actually tried DOTA2 and once I get my gaming rig back up I plan on trying it. I played LoL for my first MOBA and loved it. But heard great things about DOTA2 and want to give it a shot.

Thank you for explaining better into detail what you are exactly looking for in terms of a MMORPG. Although it seems you have played a lot more than me and I can't name much more. Although I look forward to future suggestions. 😃

Well I am really good informed about all games that come out and I am kinda subsrcibed to all youtube channels that do review on free MMO for a long time so I tried ton of games and enjoyed them for some time . After some time all free games fall behind in popularity and comunnity kinda dies . At this point it's kinda hard for me to find some new game that will fit me .

About Dota2 if you are not familiar with Dota in general and don't have friends to play with them then stay away from it . Valve is worst company ever (Maybe after Ubisoft) their servers are **** and game too . I don't like anything about Dota 2 but I still play it because it's old war3 dota and I got friends to play with them . Comunnity is bunch of russian toxic players, and everytime I lose game because of Idiots I feel like I am gonna delete it ... I would still play Hon today but HoN comunnity is acutally the worst you ever saw in any game and game by now is kinda dead . Not really dead but not quite popular at this point their popularity is bellow Smite,Heroes Of Strom,Dota2,LoL .

Back
Top Bottom