Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the Second

hikaricloud

Golden Master
logo_resized_zps2fb1aec9.png

Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the Second

Just released on Steam at the beginning of May, the sequel to the original Ragnarok Online is free to play and fairly immersive. Level cap is currently at 50 (it takes a while to get there) with 5 different classes and 4 different jobs. Each class has 2 different paths to choose from once your character reaches level 25. The ones to choose from at the start are Swordsman, Archer, Magician, Thief, and Acolyte. For more detailed info, click the link below.

Ragnarok 2 - Game Info - Classes

The job system is really interesting, because you can match jobs to whatever class you choose. My favorite character right now is a Magician/Alchemist. The different jobs are Alchemist, Blacksmith, Artisan, and Chef. More info below.

Ragnarok 2 - Game Info - Professional Life

Unlike RO1, each class can vend now as the Merchant class has been completely gotten rid of. As we speak, I have a store open in one of the first towns as my Mage. Also unlike RO1, the Kafra storage is per character, not account wide, but you don't need to hoard as many things as you did in the first game.

Graphically, it's got a similar feel to WoW. You won't need a monster graphics card to play, that's for sure.

So check it out! If you decide to play, post your character names here and maybe we could party sometime.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning you don't have to play the first game to enjoy this one, it's standalone.

Last edited:
I have downloaded the client. Have not gotten around to playing it.

Do eeeet. We're leveling our 5th character right now rofl. All the others are between 18-26. Also, this week they are having Pandora's boxes and mallets dropping randomly from all monsters (within 5 levels of your current level), which give you a chance to get super epic equips. :D (Mallets open the boxes)

Sorcerer and Priest are my favorite classes so far.

I played RO years ago, and got addicted to it twice. I may give this a shot sometime this weekend. I like the idea of ridding the game of the merchant class. Seems more like a society game now, kind of like Dark Ages. Thanks for posting this!

I played RO years ago, and got addicted to it twice. I may give this a shot sometime this weekend. I like the idea of ridding the game of the merchant class. Seems more like a society game now, kind of like Dark Ages. Thanks for posting this!

No problem. And I agree, the job system is much better in this one.

Back
Top Bottom