[Q1/Q2 2011] [PC/PS3] DC Universe Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Nov 2nd 2010] [PC/PS3] DC Universe Online

that guy should qq more. look how sucessfull wow is they have 14.99 monthly suscription micro transactions on things like the rainbow pony, and minipets and you also pay for expansions. alltho you do get free patch content like dungeons and raids every 3/6 months. imo pay to play usualy does indicate a game gets more support. yes i loved guild wars they did sell alot of units like this guy mentions but the problem with it was you played for 3/5 months until you where burnt out because no content was released and you ended up not playing gw for half a year until the next expansion came out. pay to play is a decent idea, the only people who complain about it arent real mmo players, and are more likely people trying to move over from other games to mmo's who think they know what they are talking about. tbh pay to play games have only ever been the ones who kept me around continuously.

Re: DC Universe Online

DC Universe Online
Today Sony Online Entertainment announced that DC Universe Online will be delayed until early 2011.

"SOE is dedicated to delivering the highest quality game experiences possible," says John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment. "DC Universe Online is the first game of its kind, and a truly massive undertaking -- the first action MMO set in the DC Universe, the first MMO on the PlayStation® 3, and the first time the entire DC Universe will be accessible to the millions of fans who are eagerly anticipating its release. As the game heads into external beta testing, this extra time will allow us to address community feedback in a meaningful way. When we get deeper into external beta, we'll be able to share more information regarding the new launch date."

SOE has also revealed new details regarding the beta program. Players with VIP key cards and those having registered at the DCUO website will receive access on a priority basis starting as early as next week. As an added thank you, everyone that has already pre-ordered the game, and those who do so by November 15th, 2010, are assured access to beta by November 30th (North America only).

Anyone pre-ordering the game after November 15th will gain beta access one week prior to the launch date and will be able to participate in the special beta ending event entitled Battle of the Legends with the rest of the beta participants. As an additional bonus, all beta participants will be recognized post release with a special emblem for their character when the game goes live. Beginning October 7, 2010 instructions on how to qualify to receive your pre-order beta key will be located here: Station.com Station.com - We've Got Your Game.

Those wishing to register for beta without pre-ordering have until 11:59pm PST tonight. This is a general queue and does not assure access.

Lastly, due to overwhelming demand from the community, SOE is pleased to announce that a Collector's Edition for the PlayStation 3 will also be released (North America only), which includes the same items contained in the PC version announced earlier this year – the DCUO Batman statue, the limited edition Art of DC Universe Online art book, the DCUO Legends Issue #0 comic book with a Jim Lee variant cover, the DCUO Prestige comic presentation of the DCUO back-story and the limited edition Jim Lee-drawn poster Version of the Legends Issue #0 comic book variant cover.

Sounds like the devs at DCUO totally forgot that WoW:Cataclysm was going to be out roughly at the same time, so they delayed the release in order to compete with it. However the problem now is that Spring 2011 is the same time SW:TOR will be coming out.

thats is way huge of a delay imo, that is like 6 month's for something that was suppose to be released in November i think this is absurdly pointless. sony online is shooting themselves in the foot more and more often before thus game ever even gets released.

thats is way huge of a delay imo, that is like 6 month's for something that was suppose to be released in November i think this is absurdly pointless. sony online is shooting themselves in the foot more and more often before thus game ever even gets released.

One thing to consider that Sony might be covering up that the game might not be completely finished. Not the first time where SOE has done that. Star War Galaxies anyone?
Like think about it, there has been very little in game footage published online.

Just curious if anyone has played yet? Probably going to be picking this up in the next couple of days. Hoping it is everything I dreamed and more. Unlike the last mmo I was excited about and was severely disappointed. Star Trek Online, I'm looking in your direction.

I see myself picking it up in the next week or so. I would be playing it now, but my home internet connection has been up $#!+ creek for the last 5 weeks now. And i dare not use my mobile phone data pack to download the client.

It's kinda funny that this game come out in January and Champions Online goes free at of the 25th Jan too.

Bought the game off Steam yesterday. You definitely wouldn't want to download it with your phone, it is around 13 gigabytes.
Had a chance to play for a little while yesterday. Plays way differently than any other mmo I have played. Plays more like an action game. I've been using my Xbox 360 controller and in my opinion that is easier than the mouse-keyboard controls. The quests are similar to your standard mmorpg quests though. Kill x number of mobs or collect x number items and like that. I did get to an instance where I had to free The Flash and together we took down Gorilla Grodd. Being a DC fanboy the chance to fight along side my favorite comic book heroes and help them defeat there super villains is the reason I bought the game. So far I give it a thumbs up.

Yeah, the targeting system is a little f-ed up. It gets frustrating when you are fighting a couple of guys and all of a sudden your aim switches to some guy not even near you. So of course a bunch more guys come to fight with you. I've died a few times because of it.

Can you play with the same characters on both versions of the game or how does that work?

I have bought this game a few days after release. It is at least as good as WOW I think and I feel its a refreshing change from everything I have ever experienced in the MMO industry so far.

I really like the combat system, feels like an action game, and the amazing choices you have when it comes to customizing your char.

Also guys, dont flame DCUO, its still very early, it will get patched and grow as all MMOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom