[Q1/Q2 2011] [PC/PS3] DC Universe Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Nov 2010] [PC/PS3] DC Universe Online

The release date is November 2 2010.

Pre-order via Steam, and you get the following in game item

Bane's Venom Injector: Venom pulses through the player, causing a temporary burst of extra physical strength.

Re: [Nov 2nd 2010] [PC/PS3] DC Universe Online

p2p will IMO will burn and crash this game down.

DC Universe Online: Pay To Play! (Big Mistake)
YouTube - DC Universe Online: Pay To Play! (Big Mistake)

I sort of lost interest in this video clip after the Nth time he used the F-word.
Firstly, $60 for the game, he's getting ripped off. It's $49.99 on Steam.
Secondly, I think all MMORPGs companies seem to want to boast about how their game is going to be the WoW-Killer. However every one knows that just marketing hype.
Thirdly, Just because the some one might lower a price of a subscription does not mean that people will drop what ever game they are currently playing for a game that is slightly cheaper. It's the quality of the game and whether or not you enjoy that genre.

I just looked several places, Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy and Steam as you mentioned and it was $49.99 all of those places. The PS3 version was $59.99 though.
Having a subscription may hurt the sales a bit but it's not going to cause it to crash and burn. Enough people are still going to buy it. I know I will.

hmmmm interesting. I've never really been a fan of MMOs or buying games on a 'subscription', but I'll check this one out methinks.

I just looked several places, Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy and Steam as you mentioned and it was $49.99 all of those places. The PS3 version was $59.99 though.
Having a subscription may hurt the sales a bit but it's not going to cause it to crash and burn. Enough people are still going to buy it. I know I will.

OIC. The problem is that I see more people that play MMORPGs are playing on PC, and not consoles. Especially when it comes down controls. Especially chat commands.

I remember a few years back having a quick period of Phantasy Star Online via PC. The PC version shared the same version and the PS2 players and it was painful talking with the PS2 players as they could not type as fast.
I might give this game a go with the my game pad when it's released.
I will most likely be putting in my pre-order towards the end of this week.

I do hope that this game has more content that Champions Online. The problem I had with that game in the end was that it was extremely repetitive and PVP was extremely limited. However with the fact that we can role both Villain and Hero in DCUO, it should mean we will have plenty of opportunities for PvP.

I am sort of hoping that we get some more infomation in regards to character generation. I would be interested in finding out what super powers they are going to have available.

Looks like the Australian retailers are going to get screwed over on this game. US release for this game is November 2nd. But according to some of the Aussie Retailers, they are not getting the game until the end of November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom