Problem Installing MMOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkykenshln

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

I just recently reformatted my computer for the umteenth time, and by recently I mean maybe a month ago.

So I really like MMORPGs and my main one right now is WoW, I also like to play a lot of free to plays too, but my problem now is almost every time I download a setup file it always comes out corrupt, or when I'm in the middle of installing it, it will tell me that the setup file is corrupt.

This even happened with setup files I used before reformatting, because I moved them to my external hard drive. I just figured that maybe they were damaged during the move and that's why they didn't work, but then I downloaded a new setup file, Shin Megami Tensei Online, and that didn't work either.

So then I thought, "Maybe it's just my downloading", so I copied my brother's setup file and tried to install it on my computer and it still told me that something was wrong.

The only reason why I've been able to play WoW is because there really isn't any installation process, you could just copy your buddy's entire WoW folder with the latest patch and paste it in any directory and it'll run.

I also played Nexon's "Dungeon Fighter Online" and it installed and ran fine, or I thought so. After a while I repeatedly got these error messages in the game that forced me to exit the program through Task Manager. My brother didn't have this problem on his computer, so I think that somewhere through the installation it might've screwed up, or maybe during the download. I have no idea.

Sorry for such a long thread but I wanted to give as much information as I could so that I could get as much help as possible.

Thank you for reading and please feel free to ask me for any additional information.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP3
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
RAM: 2048 MB

So I really like MMORPGs and my main one right now is WoW, I also like to play a lot of free to plays too, but my problem now is almost every time I download a setup file it always comes out corrupt, or when I'm in the middle of installing it, it will tell me that the setup file is corrupt.

Try downloading using a download manager like Free Download Manager

Watch it with some of those free MMORPGs. They really tend to be buggy. Like I gave up playing Shin Megami Tensei Online long time ago due to the game just crashing constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom