Open world "sandbox" pvp "mainstream" MMO like DAoC?

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
Hey folks. I've been looking for an MMO like this for almost a year now. I eventually settled on Guild Wars 2 because of how popular it was, the graphics looked amazing, and it had a pvp element to it. I quickly realized the lack of real world pvp made me lose interest in leveling up. Not for much more of a purpose than access to a little more PVE content. There is a sort of "instanced" pvp, but nothing beats sneaking in open world enemy territory while they are questing. In my opinion, DAoC really got this right. Players were "safe" in town from the opposing realm with tough guards standing around town. But still didn't make it "impossible". WoW did this very well, too. Great memories of my rogue group taking out the Alliances Auction House NPC's :) I'd like to keep it mainstream, just so I know it's got content and a lot of players. Definitely not an Indie game guy. I'm hoping there's an MMO out there I somehow overlooked, missread about, or maybe it's in development. Thanks for the help everyone.

Back
Top Bottom