The new World of Warcraft

Neowanderer

Solid State Member
A few weeks ago, someone suggested me to try World of Warcraft since it's free to play now with a trial account. It's also very fun and probably the best option to get into MMORPG. First, even though I created a new trial account, I have played this game a very long time ago. I am really amazed at how this game evolved since my last visit, especially in the quality of the graphics. I was also impressed at how the interface and starting areas were completely overhauled to make it much easier to play. Finally, with all the changes that occured within the zones and capital cities, it makes me feel like the very first time I took foot into Azeroth. :)

I have to add that after patch 5.0.4 came out a few days ago, all of this got upgraded even further, making it like a whole new experience once more. I recommend a try to anybody who left a while ago or never had the occasion to experience this masterpiece before.

I've been playing WoW for about 4 years and i can definitely understand why you would think it looks like kung fu panda, because that was everyones reaction when they first announced it. But once they released the beta and alot more info got out there im sure everyone would agree it is the BEST expansion since the Burning Crusade. Trial version is only playable to level 20, i do suggest upgrading and buying the real thing. It is 100% the best MMO in the world.

I would get it if it wasn't for the monthly payment. I refuse to play £70 or £90 (i forget the price) a year for a game. Guild Wars 2 is my first option for an MMORPG to get, purely because of the price.
I did enjoy the free trial, however it didn't feel like i could go wherever i wanted, which is what i expected of an MMORPG (unfortunately, my first experience of an MMORPG is Runescape), and i didn't get that at all. It felt more like i had to follow each quest one by one, moving through the areas, instead of revisiting cool areas i previously enjoyed visiting.

No one likes questing in wow, its all about pvp and raiding. Raiding is an incredible experience and sometimes you forget its just a game.

Am I the only one who finds this whole Panda thing absolutely ridiculous???

They've been in the lore since the earlier RTS Warcraft games so they're definitely canon, but I agree that "Kung Fu Panda" is a real turn off and I won't be purchasing the new expansion.

There are many private WoW servers that offer a pretty good emulation of the game at each of the different expansions. I personally prefer the WOTLK server I play on, albeit as casual as the current game (aside from raid finder). The same developers for the aforementioned server also host Cataclysm servers and apparently in the next 3-6 months they'll be upgraded to whatever patch brought transmog which is pretty exciting.

For people who are saying "Kung Fu Panda" have no idea what there talking about, plus you didn't buy it so again... you don't know what your talking about haha. A little after Cata I stopped playing hard, my friend got me back into it and I'm very happy. leveling 85-90 the quests are fun, its actually hard which is awesome because they didn't nurf the leveling, and the areas look really nice. They actually did something GOOD this expansion, they were going down hill after cata but now I def. think they are going back up. I'm really liking it and I'm happy I re-subscribed.

i think im gonna give the wow a try im a fps guy myself but i need to truly expand my enjoyment of computer games and expand.....lets give it a try how long is it free for on the trial version??

Back
Top Bottom