New mmorpg? Suggestions?

Dank Exhale

Beta member
Hey guys, I'm a former player of WoW, quit after I finished cataclysm and can't go back. The game just got to repetitive and old for me.

Also, I was playing runescape up until two days ago when the EOC was released. Changed the game too much and I have been playing it way to long as it was. So I sold my account.

Anyways, any suggestions for some cheap, 40$ max new mmorpgs I could try out? Preferably one without a monthly fee. I'm moving out of that zone. I like to play on and off on the computer and my ps3 so paying monthly is kind of a waste.

Let me know what you guys play and what they're all about, like how's the PvP and PvM, grouping, guilds/clans, everything you know :)!

Hi,

i am also a former WoW addict, i moved on to Lord of the rings online,
i found it more intersting and you got option of PVPV to play as a ORC :D
basicly it got monthly fee if you want to be VIP etc
.. but you can enjoy the game for free if you grind abit:)

Swotor? Or Tera online if you can wait to pvp in battlegrounds. Swotor wasn't too bad when I played it but I hear the new free-to-play method kind of butchered it, however I enjoyed the pvp a lot. Tera is great too and nice on the eyes but it's abit of a grind to the level required for pvp.

SWTOR is a very unique mmorpg... and i would recommend it for the story / leveling experience...End game is kinda dull though :/ but still worth leveling atleast 1 character
The Secret World "to me" is the best for PVE atm
Tera Online "to me" is the best for PVP atm

3 MMO's to really look forward to later this year
Darkfall Unholy Wars / Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn / The Elder Scrolls Online

What type of game setting do you like?
Fantasy like wow?
Sci-Fi like SWTOR?
For me it comes down Guild Wars (Out of Price Range Given); League of Legends could work if you like the play style; Day Z if you consider it an MMORPG?

You should definitely give The Secret World a try! It's really a refreshing type of MMORPG that innovates a lot. The PvE atmosphere is awesome, with a deep story that really gets you hooked. I like the combat system a lot, which requires you to actually think fast, not to simply mash your keyboard like in some other MMO. I haven't tried PvP yet, but I heard the developpers are constantly improving it and with three factions, it must be really interesting. Still haven't tried the guild (cabal) features, but I only heard good comments about it so far.

The greatest news about the Secret World: the monthly subscription has just been removed, so you just have to pay once and there you go! :D

An MMORPG i played for 5 years often was MapleStory. Very addicting, social game. I recommend LOTRO or DDO as well. Mabinogi is also a great one if you're into that anime-based style as well :) very popular!
Luck to you!

I also played runescape for a while, quit a few years ago. I started playing a rsps called battlescape a couple weeks ago, its like old rs but with a few changes and easier to get started. Its pretty fun imo

Hey former WoW player here as well since it came out. Defiance is a fun MMO and free to play other former paid MMOs that are now free to play that are worth giving a try is Rift, DCUO, SWTOR and Tera. Some good free MMOs are Runes of Magic, Allods, almost all Perfect World MMOs, Wild Star looks awesome (not out yet), Guild Wars 2 and Global Agenda. 1 paid MMO that I will pay for thats still in Beta is Final Fantasy Realm Reborn. Im a HUGE Final Fantasy fan I have played the 1st one that came out but was to into WoW to try the other one but it worked out since it sucked so much they took it down and rebuilt it and now looks awesome!

I am quite enjoying Guild Wars 2. Otherwise there is Star Wars The Old Republic.

Back
Top Bottom