Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm, interesting. I remember trying this game a few years ago and found it a little more complex than I would have liked, just starting out. I think that I might have to give it another whirl this fall though.

They've simplified it some. There is now a quest tracker and with the new quest structuring, it is easy to figure out what is the fastest way to get through all your quests and lvl up. It is a great game. The beta is a available June 16th, but I will be reactivating my full subscription this summer. Almost done with my first year of college! Last two finals are on Wednesday!

How long does it take them to choose who is going to be able to use the beta? I just signed up for it today.

This game is definitely worth a look-see. I have been playing at least a couple days a week since March 2009 and it seems to never get old and something else exciting to explore/conquer around every corner! I even got my GF hooked and bought a new computer (thanks to members on this site) in order to duo in-game with her! (I didnt buy the computer JUST for the game mind you, but I bought it earlier than I anticipated because of it...)

It's basically wow, but the graphics are better and the world is better. Pretty much all mmo's they bring out now are wow though aren't they? It's the template. Some that try not to be wow end up getting rated 4/10 *cough*ffxiv*cough.

Thats because most people that play WoW (Or MMOs in general) are actually targeted at younger crowds. Its hard to admit but when i was in high school i knew far more younger people playing WoW than adults. Its the same now with parents i know have kids that play WoW but yet almost nobody my age plays it. Like you said, if any MMO comes out that tries to set the new standard it gets rated horribly without cause (besides them being whiners). I can actually play LOTR whereas i cannot play WoW more than 10 minutes without getting horribly annoyed.

Im looking forward to The Old Republic though.

Professional game reviewing sites don't rate games horribly without cause.

Game reviews are based off of the opinion of the reviewer. One guy (or girl) could think a game totally blows but 1000 other people could think its a 10. I take ALL game reviews with a grain of salt due to this FACT. Game reviews are a heavy personal preference and opinion thing kind of like gaming peripherals such as mice. Thats why in the FF14 thing i ranted the way i did because the game could very well be good but all i heard in that review was whining about needing to "work". I dont know about you, but i require some sort of a challenge in my games and dont like to be given things (such as skills, XP, ect) easily. I have cheats and trainers in SP games for when i want to screw around and make things easy.

For an MMO you have to pay for you definitely want your monies worth out of the game. If you spend only about 80 hours total playing this game that would seem very short for an MMO. Now, if you have more difficult things to deal with and more time consuming things then you get maybe 500+ hours into a game. Whether you personally enjoy the things you do is a different story.

BTW for anybody wondering about LOTR F2P i can give you some info on it. IMO its alot better than WoW in alot of aspects. The thing that kinda grinds your gears while playing is to do certain things you require Turbine Points or TP. If your a free player you have to unlock alot of things for certain content in the game. For instance on top of costing 500 silver for a low class mount it requires 48 TP to unlock the skill in the LOTR Store. Only certain things in the game give you TP and some of them are long drawn processes to get them done. Its literally taken me till level 20 in questing to get 48 TP. You also have to pay for certain quests in outer areas not pertaining to the "noob" areas. I was doing a quest but was in a stand still because i walked all this way and had to pay like 115 TP to continue the quest and finish the end. Meaning i wasted alot of time for nothing. Ontop of that, you have a 2 Gold limit for free players. Ive hit this limit 3 times already. Once you acquire more than you can carry your money is put away and you cant get it back until you pay. Free members can only get a small house and that costs 1 gold. Medium houses cost over 2 gold and you need to be a premium member. Here comes the worst part, even premium members dont get ALL of the content and they are even paying. You need to be a VIP subscriber to receiving everything in the game thats playable. Kinda lame that payers need to pay more to get the full extent the game offers. If you can look past this and simply enjoy a free MMO then there are lots of things to do besides the premium and VIP content. The visuals are enough for me, especially the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom