Help with recording a game with fraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROFL_A_PIGGY

In Runtime
I have fraps pro and whenever I record WoW with it, WoW lags like a beast, getting under 10 FPS. My computer is built by me, it has 6 GB RAM, gtx 260 superclocked, intel i7 quad core, so you can see that it shouldn't lag. (I never get below 50 fps on maxed settings on WoW).

I'm thinking it's my monitor, it's such a big resolution. I have a 37 inch FHDTV, so my resolution is 1920 x 1080.

I'm pretty sure it's because of my resolution. Am I right? If I switch to my 19" dell monitor to record something then will it stop lagging?

Try turning AA off. I was experimenting with fraps and crysis a while ago, it was lagging pretty bad when I tried taking a video. So I turned everything down/off and slowly started cranking things up again.

Things that helped most were turning the res down, and turning AA off.

Are you recording in fraps at full resolution or half resolution? What FPS are you recording at in the fraps settings? Have you tried lowering the recording settings to get better results in performance?

Running fraps will definitely make your FPS take a hit, but it should be run able with WoW. I can run it full with DoD:S, Guild Wars, and Rappelz. And while it drops me down to like 30 fps, it is still good enough to play. But I also run at a 1400x900 resolution.

PC in sig. I would mess around with the Fraps settings, and perhaps record at half the resolution if you are going to run at 1920 x 1080.

Fraps

Hey guys, I have one question. Can fraps record the sound of a microphone? I remember i could do that on XP but now i have vista and can't find the option. Can you help?

Re: Fraps

Hey guys, I have one question. Can fraps record the sound of a microphone? I remember i could do that on XP but now i have vista and can't find the option. Can you help?

Not 100% sure, but I don't think Fraps can... but you could use Audacity or other free software to record yourself, then use a movie editor (Windows Movie Maker, etc.) to put it with the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom