Guild Wars anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can still purchase Eye Of The North directly from NCSoft.

NC Soft is offering the same deal. However one thing that disturbs me is that NC Soft is giving me the impression that it will only download the new content when I require it for play. Currently my GW Trial (now upgraded to full account with the trilogy) is only 900mb. And it seems that every time I go into a new territory, I need to wait another 3 to 5 minutes as new content is downloaded to my PC.

Steam on the other hand telling me that I have to download a 2.2Gb. I am hoping that means that I get the full trilogy.

Not really happy with how NC Soft is doing this. Eg. What if I have to format my computer (some thing I do often enough)? Is GW like WoW where all I need to do is run off the exicutable in the folder? Or am i stuck downloading every thing again.

You can download the whole game at once by setting up a shortcut and putting a -image after the target, this will download the entire game so you don't have to download new content each time you enter a new area. You would only run this shortcut once. I guess steam just does it as a one time download.

Command line - GuildWiki, a Guild Wars wiki.

Note also that when you download the full game, you download every campaign. You just only gain access to the ones that are on your account.

Also here is the wiki link for Guilds Wars. It's probably the most complete wiki for any game I've ever seen.
GuildWiki
There is also the official wiki, but I believe this one is more verbose.

I beta tested the game.. logged in recently to get my.. I forgot what year.. birthday present...

The game gets old fast... it's ok for a first run through but your level cap is 20, the "expansions" never really help you - last I knew about them they just had another part of the world with new critters and new classes -but you had to start over, and your level cap is 20, and they didn't "merge" which sucked... (cant take a new class to the original world)

PVP is about all you do when your half way done with the game- monsters aren't hard enough to pose a threat (unless you lag) Item drops are poorly done - it's pretty easy to get "rares"

I wasn't really into PVP so I don't bother with that... I have some "Pre Sear" toons I mess with... (The game is divided into 2 segments, pre and post searing - the world changes post searing - lots of war.) The normal storyline will keep you busy, especially to get Bonus's so you are more powerful... but after 1 play through you probably won't enjoy it so much anymore- again unless you like PVP.

Personally I am looking forward to DarkFall online.

I used to play it few years ago when it just came out (4 years ago already, right?).

I really enjoy the game, it was a lot of fun to play it. And really different from other MMOs.

I might try it again. Do a lot of people still play this game now?

PVP is about all you do when your half way done with the game- monsters aren't hard enough to pose a threat (unless you lag) Item drops are poorly done - it's pretty easy to get "rares"

Hmmmmm..... I am currently wondering if I should of rolled up a PVP character instead.

Rolled up a character PVP character last night and realised that it's just PVP and PVP only. Rather have some thing a little more than just PVP. I would rather I slug through the game and maybe even purchase a Eye Of The North when I get that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom