Good enough comp for frapsing in wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapz

Beta member
So ive been wanting to fraps when i play Wow for a while now but im lagging abit ingame while i run it. But people have still said that i should be able to fraps ingame without any problems.

Just wanted to know if my computer spec is good enough for doing it.

CPU: Intel pentium dual cpu E2180 2.00GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte EP35-DS3
Ram: 6gig
Graphic: Nvidia Geforce 9500GT
HDD: Got one ExcelStor Technology J9250S where my win7 is installed on
the other hdd is a western digital 5001AALS-00E3A0

Just to verify here, you're not trying to record a video are you? Like, all you're doing is running fraps and playing the game right?

Well fraps is a recording program, so yea i want to capture the videoe of when im playing. Atm im playing on 1440x900(wide) but i used to play 1600x1024. Most of my settings are set to low ingame.

beleive it or not looking at your pc specs, your cpu is a litle subpar for running wow smoothly. the gpu doesnt help much either. wow is actually heavily Dependant on your cpu, and your gpu memory. the faster and better memory you have the smoother the game is actually going to be. there isnt much to this game graphically its the huge draw distance's and everything going on in screen that slows you down. but one thing i know for sure is you want to upgrade that cpu big time if you want to record using fraps for things like raids and such. as in a raid your cpu matter very much. the gpu you should be able to up to a 9800gtx fairly cheap now. or a gts 250. both d92 card and will run wow perfectly smooth.

would a Intel Core2Duo E8600 3.33GHz 1333MHz bus cpu work? and i was thinking of buy the XFX GeForce 9800 GTX Black Edition 512MB GDDR3 GPU

So i was thinking of getting Intel Core2Duo E8600 3.33GHz Socket 775 1333MHz and XFX GeForce 9800 GTX Black Edition 512MB GDDR3 / PCI-E / SLI / 2xDVI / TV-OUT to upgrade my CPU and GPU, you think those will work?

The E8600 is not horrible, but it is a bit dated. I would go with a quad core nowadays as a minimum, something along the lines of a Q9450 or Q9550. Also a G92 card (like a 9800GTX or GTS 250) are also quite dated. I would recommend a HD 5770 or a GTS 450.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom