Final Fantasy XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah for sure, and that was made during the early alpha stage. Can only get better when they start adding polish and such. The gameplay videos are mostly poorly angled cam shots but you can get a pretty decent view of how good the landscape looks from a couple of them. Pretty rockin.

Eh i was just talking texture wise and shader wise. You can tell it looks alot better than most. I havent played Aion though so idk what to compare to besides WoW.

I just signed up for this when I saw your topic. After I get number 13, I'll use that little promo code to sign up for the ps3 beta. I'm curious to see how an mmo plays on a console. I guess I better go back and finish 12 first though.

However, my ps3 is currently in transit to get fixed again. This is the second time I've had to pay $150 to fix that peace of junk. Same issue both times, just wouldn't turn on. My brothers' xbox just got the same issue too. They were plugged in in the basement but on different outlets. Apparently the xbox died about a month later though. I was in college though, so I can't be sure. Last time this happened, it was in my room though. I wonder if the wiring in my house just sucks.

Honestly though, I don't think I'm going to go past beta. I'm too much of a lotr fanatic to abandon lotro. My subscription is currently not active though as I let it go when I went to college. I did not have that much free time, and I did not want people to see me playing something that would surely be mistaken for World of Warcraft. Now that summer has started, I would have renewed my subscription, but I think I should probably beat some other games first, like dragon age, those other two final fantasies, demon souls, and maybe even give oblivion another shot. I intend to play redead redemption as well. MAG too, but that's in another category, so it doesn't count. As soon as SC2 comes out, I'm not going to have time for much else. Therefore, I really should get to work, but I don't seem to be gaming more than an hour or two each day ever.

Hi,
I figure this was the spot to post this question on. I just recently ran the benchmark for ff 14 several times and the best score I ever got 623.... @ low setting :-(

I don't understand what the problem could be, perhaps someone can help me figure it out.

Here are my specs
Intel Core i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93 Ghz (4 CPUs)
ATI Radeon HD 5700 series
4 GB of RAM
Windows 7 home premium 64-bit

I'm I missing something, Is there anything fundamentally wrong with it? Is it the processor?

Hi,
I figure this was the spot to post this question on. I just recently ran the benchmark for ff 14 several times and the best score I ever got 623.... @ low setting :-(

I don't understand what the problem could be, perhaps someone can help me figure it out.

Here are my specs
4 GB of RAM

I'm I missing something, Is there anything fundamentally wrong with it? Is it the processor?

Well your i3 530 is only a dual-core cpu, it does have Hyper-Threading which can help a little but it's far short of 4 actual cores. The i3 530 also has a built-in GPU but your listing a 5700 series card. Are you sure that the monitor cable is plugged into the actual card (5700)? If it's plugged into the motherboard it may be using the built-in gpu, which will score poorly.

And exactly what model of 5700 series card do you have?

Concerning the video card, to be honest I don't know. I am noob when it comes to tech. I am learning a lot tho browsing the site. I am just listing what the screen says at the end of the benchmark, but I figured the processor could be the culprit.

I don't exactly know how to find out which card I have, is there a way to look w/o opening up my tower.

Again, I don't really mean to sound like an idiot but this is all new to me.:stare:

*EDIT*
checking if the monitor is plugged to the card or motherboard.

*EDIT2*
Its not connected to the motherboard, but there is 2 other expansion ports that it is connected to. one has dvi and hdmi ports and something else. The one below it has just a dvi port. My monitor only supports hdmi or vga, the hdmi port already has my PS3 in it so I use the vga port. Then I use, what I would assume to be a vga to dvi converter to plug in to the tower. I just switched to the dvi port on the bottom.

*EDIT3*
I was able to see on my computer what kind of card it is. Still just says ATI 5700 series. Kinda weird.

Hi,

Here are my specs
4 GB of RAM

Well i can shed a little light on this i think. From what i know the benchmark on low resolution tends to try and pull more power from the CPU vs the GPU, and in high resolution pulls more from the GPU then the CPU. Also if in the end of the benchmark it says ATI Radeon 5700 series its using your 5700 GPU not the built in. Hope that helps a little.

On an unrelated topic to this question, the benchmark does not support crossfire/SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom