Final Fantasy XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Searched this time and found nothing so i think im good :sweat:

Anyways, anybody lined up for the beta yet? Im only so-so interested in it. Graphics seems like they would be really good for an MMO.

What do you guys think about it?

Are they continuing with that J-RPG combat style with feels more like you are playing a slow version of tennis?

Hmm i really dont know. I never got to play FF11 because when my mom bought it for me we didnt have internet good enough for it and she didnt know about paying to play online. The website doesnt say anything about battle style either.

This is the one game besides Diablo 3 that I'm waiting for. I could care less about any other release ever besides those two lmao. It's starting to shape up pretty well too from what i've seen from the E3 squeenix box.
The class system for one is going to be very unique compared to anything, and with the emphasis they're placing on crafting and story i think it'll be great.

I'm a little biased I suppose since I've put 4 or 5 years into FFXI, but still.

As far as the tennis style of play, neither squeenix mmo's take on their single player style of turn-based combat. Anyone attack anything at any time type of deal.
Of course its not like hack and slash diablo-style, there will be cooldowns and you'll have to build TP meter and whatnot before using more powerful moves.

As far as graphics go it's looking fabulous, and will only improve before launch, since their alpha testing just ended. (I was a day late lol, got a british friends EU alpha account today but alpha ended yesterday haha)
Character animation and design, as well as clothing and landscape all look detailed and varied.

So pumped. I can't wait to see how they're going to improve the game to accommodate single, as well as group play. FFXI was pretty much group or go home. Single play wasn't feasible just to the sheer difficulty and design. They're planning on adding content for casual and single play as well, to make leveling and general play much more enjoyable for people who dont necessarily want, or have time, to party up with a crowd.

They're also promising to have a much more epic and involved storyline than FFXI which also has me very excited. I loved the story lines in FFXI, which added much depth and lore to the game. Squeenix CGI is out of this world too, so its always fun watching their cutscenes XD

Anyway lol. Excited.

There is a new Final Fantasy Benchmark out and it looks pretty good:thumbsup:

FINAL FANTASY XIV Official Benchmark

I ran the benchmark at the High Resolution and scored a 4147

4205.png

Then I ran it at the Low Resolution and scored a 7099

4206.png
:thumbsup:

I signed up for this beta a while ago, cannot wait. played ffxi, had a 75 corsair. my friend is in the alpha for 14 right now though.

Man chrome refuses to save my login info for TF lol. driving me crazy. Anyway, you scored 4147 >_> thats sick.

Guess what i got on high...... 1478. LOL seriously.

Which makes sense, since it's not recognizing sli/crossfire, but still lol >_> stutter on the boat was bad enough to be annoying.

I need to find some under the table work so i can afford to upgrade lol.

I really hope im picked for beta ._. I haven't gotten an invite for the first round ; ; though I might be able to use an ffxi friends euro alpha acct.

if not, ffxi will just have to hold me over till launch ._.

Man chrome refuses to save my login info for TF lol. driving me crazy. Anyway, you scored 4147 >_> thats sick.

Guess what i got on high...... 1478. LOL seriously.

Which makes sense, since it's not recognizing sli/crossfire, but still lol >_> stutter on the boat was bad enough to be annoying.

I need to find some under the table work so i can afford to upgrade lol.

I really hope im picked for beta ._. I haven't gotten an invite for the first round ; ; though I might be able to use an ffxi friends euro alpha acct.

if not, ffxi will just have to hold me over till launch ._.

Downloading right now to run it.

What you need to do is go to a thread and hit post or quote and it will take you to a login screen. Do the usual and hit remember me then and it will. Took me a while to figure it out cause the top one doesnt work with Firefox either.

ffbench.jpg

Hi res if you cant read that.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/4206/ffbench.jpg

Bench ran on low.

ffbenchlow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom