Fallout Online! Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorta

Beta member
So, Fallout Online is /probably/ finally going to happen. If all goes well, due to release some time in 2012.

I, for one, can't WAIT for a playable ghoul race. I just very much hope they don't lean too hard on identified PvP factions with the exceptions of Raiders(slavers), muties and Brotherhood.. could probably think of a few others...

I like the whole 'moral ambiguity' thing they've been trying really hard to sell to us since day one, and the idea of a "good Karma" faction vs "Bad Karma" faction (Alliance-Horde, Federation-Klingon) would just ruin it.

Oh man I'm so hype for this game. I love fallout, but it'll be interesting to see how they make it into an mmorpg. It's probably expecting too much, but it'd be cool to form your own factions and have your own enemies and allies, kind of like the way DarkFall does it.

I think they'd put humans and ghouls in, but I wonder how many races there'll be. Super-mutants maybe?

Might as well just hand it over to Bethesda. Much better company anyway and certainly no cash shortage.

Beth butchered Fallout 3 and the only reason we had a semi worthy successor in New Vegas is that some of the original developers where involved, they would make a ungodly mess of any online attempt at fallout.

FO3 was a awful game for many many reasons, mostly the non nonsensical BOS and fully retarded implementation of the Encalve which if you go off the cannon set forth in FO2 was totally destroyed by the hero when he blew up the oil rig, apart from a few survivors on the main land either at Navaro that was eventually wiped out by the BOS and the NCR before there relationship soured ( an possibly a few other random spys out in the waste land).

And before you get me started on Non Marriposa super mutants and how dumb they are let me just point out that not all super mutants talk like a retarded weightlifter after a full frontal lobotomy and behemoths didnt exist, super mutants happen when you dip some one with a low rad count not by clubbing some one over the head then locking them in a room with airborne FEV1 after they spent they whole lives eating irradiated food, living in a radioactive wasteland drinking 300 year old toilet water with a high rad count what you would get is at most a centaur, and they should not even exist in FO3 as the master specifically bread them from people who could not be turned into a classic super mutant by dipping them with other animals to create a hybrid creature.

And Harold? Please he was atleast 150 by the time FO2 began he was a child taken into a vault during the war he left when he was 14 / 18 became a trader and then set out to find the source of mutated animals attacking his and others water caravans, along with Richard Grey (who eventually became the master) found the Marriposa base and the automated defences took them apart harrold fell in a vat and turned into a Ghoul like mutant. Skip forward to FO2 he is the mayor of a town built round a nuclear reactor and is quite happy there. Why would he walk (no public or national travel) to DC then sit in one place long enough for the tree in his head (that was a small sapling growing out his head in FO1) enough to create that farcical tree growing paradise?

Also the C96 pistol was rare in FO2 (an there was only one in FO1) why are there so many in FO3? And why would the technologically advanced Chinese army be using a design dating from the beginning of the 20th century?

I am going to stop now and stick pins in my Voodoo dolls of the beth developers.

You're one of 10 people who didn't like it Sax. While I've never really liked the premise of the Fallout series, I thought they did a great job. If the game won one or two GOTY awards then fine. But winning over 40 of them from pretty much every reviewer and editor in the business says something about the quality.

Of all the gamers I talk to at work, they all backup what Sax says. They hate Fallout 3 but love New Vegas. I played the original 2 games but have not tried either of the 2 new ones. So I cant comment. But I can say that of all the people I talk to that come through looking at games, 85% of them say FO3 sucks and FO:NV is far better.

Beth butchered Fallout 3 and the only reason we had a semi worthy successor in New Vegas is that some of the original developers where involved, they would make a ungodly mess of any online attempt at fallout.

FO3 was a awful game for many many reasons, mostly the non nonsensical BOS and fully retarded implementation of the Encalve which if you go off the cannon set forth in FO2 was totally destroyed by the hero when he blew up the oil rig, apart from a few survivors on the main land either at Navaro that was eventually wiped out by the BOS and the NCR before there relationship soured ( an possibly a few other random spys out in the waste land).

And before you get me started on Non Marriposa super mutants and how dumb they are let me just point out that not all super mutants talk like a retarded weightlifter after a full frontal lobotomy and behemoths didnt exist, super mutants happen when you dip some one with a low rad count not by clubbing some one over the head then locking them in a room with airborne FEV1 after they spent they whole lives eating irradiated food, living in a radioactive wasteland drinking 300 year old toilet water with a high rad count what you would get is at most a centaur, and they should not even exist in FO3 as the master specifically bread them from people who could not be turned into a classic super mutant by dipping them with other animals to create a hybrid creature.

And Harold? Please he was atleast 150 by the time FO2 began he was a child taken into a vault during the war he left when he was 14 / 18 became a trader and then set out to find the source of mutated animals attacking his and others water caravans, along with Richard Grey (who eventually became the master) found the Marriposa base and the automated defences took them apart harrold fell in a vat and turned into a Ghoul like mutant. Skip forward to FO2 he is the mayor of a town built round a nuclear reactor and is quite happy there. Why would he walk (no public or national travel) to DC then sit in one place long enough for the tree in his head (that was a small sapling growing out his head in FO1) enough to create that farcical tree growing paradise?

Also the C96 pistol was rare in FO2 (an there was only one in FO1) why are there so many in FO3? And why would the technologically advanced Chinese army be using a design dating from the beginning of the 20th century?

I am going to stop now and stick pins in my Voodoo dolls of the beth developers.

Retards don't lift weights. The only way retards get big is by getting fat. Have you ever actually met a bodybuilder that you thought was stupid?

You're one of 10 people who didn't like it Sax. While I've never really liked the premise of the Fallout series, I thought they did a great job. If the game won one or two GOTY awards then fine. But winning over 40 of them from pretty much every reviewer and editor in the business says something about the quality.

2/10 of this forum then.

I like the whole 'moral ambiguity' thing they've been trying really hard to sell to us since day one, and the idea of a "good Karma" faction vs "Bad Karma" faction (Alliance-Horde, Federation-Klingon) would just ruin it.

Fallout Online would be better if they stuck to some thing along the lines of factions. Sort of like which group of people did you help out/**** off. The original Star Wars Galaxies has some thing like this. So obviously if the factions really like you, then you might get better quests and loot from those factions. However the more you help one group of people, obviously there is going to be another group of people you are going to annoy. And this could mean that you are going to get attacked on site if you walk into the wrong township. Maybe even have a bounty put on your head.

Fallout never had any Good Vs. Evil. It was all about who you helped out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom