EVE Online Dominion 1st Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
For those people that play EVE Online.

The 12th Expansion for EVE Online goes live with Eve Online Dominion.

Features include
Sovereignty Evolves

The system of territorial control in EVE advances, providing more tactical, capture-based gameplay. Alliances both large and small will find more opportunities within their grasp and an engaging conquest system in place to seize them. Rulers will now have to actively defend space they have claimed.

Sovereignty Evolves

The system of territorial control in EVE advances, providing more tactical, capture-based gameplay. Alliances both large and small will find more opportunities within their grasp and an engaging conquest system in place to seize them. Rulers will now have to actively defend space they have claimed.

New Doomsday Devices and Capital Ship Changes

The rebuilt Doomsday Devices lead the pack of several changes to capital ships, bringing the need for new strategies to the wreck-strewn battlefields of capital ship combat.

"Say Hello To My Little Friend"

Improved Fleet Tools

Teaming up with others has become easier! New tools allow players to find, contact and join corporate mining ops, fleet battles and patrols.

Exploration and Advanced PVP Tutorials

New introductions to two of EVE's most popular areas of gameplay: ship combat and discovery. The exploration tutorial teaches how to probe space for anomalies, hostile ships and hidden asteroid belts. In the advanced PvP tutorial, new pilots can learn the basics safely... well, relatively safely.

Faction Ships Revisited

We took a peek under the hood of the faction ships and found that some changes were in order. Dominion brings these ships up to speed, boosting some and specializing others. New faction battleships have been constructed! Introducing Navy versions of the Typhoon, Armageddon, Dominix and Scorpion.

Faction Ships Revisited

We took a peek under the hood of the faction ships and found that some changes were in order. Dominion brings these ships up to speed, boosting some and specializing others. New faction battleships have been constructed! Introducing Navy versions of the Typhoon, Armageddon, Dominix and Scorpion.

Upgraded Planets and Starfields

Procedurally generated planets and all new starfields take the beauty of EVE to unbelievable heights.

Keep in mind that you can try out Eve Online for 14 for free. You can sign up here EVE Online | Free trial

There's a 14 day trial on Steam right now...thinking about giving it a whirl. I've never been a MMORPG guy but the game still looks pretty cool. If you can play it for 14 days, why not I guess.. :D

The game is cool. I enjoy it. However there is a steep learning curve to this game. And death (if you forgot to clone) can be very unforgiving.
And for those people that want to take the 14 day trial, make sure you have some free time during those 14 days. You are going to need it.

After the entire learning curve, the game is quite fun and enjoyable to play (provided that you remember to buy clones and insurance)

The other word of advice is that you will want to have a large monitor

For all those stream users, or some those people that would like to give Eve Online a go and not pay much for it, Eve Online is going cheap onsteam today. $4.49.
This is not so bad considering that you are getting the first month of play out of it too.

It's listed as EVE Online: Apocrypha, but that will upgrade to EVE Online : Dominion when Dominion goesd live

Yeah Eve is definitely a game aimed a specific type of player...the entire world is player driven, the lore is player written, and the game consists of the player doing a lot of sittin'. It's a sandbox game...there's a few quests but mostly it's up to you to find something to do. I've been playing on an off for about 3 years now and I get bored quite often. One other thing: the game is almost all adults 25+. In my 3 years of playing, I've met maybe a dozen or so teens. It definitely has one of the most mature audiences of any MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom