END ALL BE ALL OF MMORPGS

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
Asheron's Call was the single greatest MMORPG ever. It had the best PVP, quests, events, loot and community. It is still running after all these years on a single server run by a 2 person team.

Ahhhh memories.

Did anyone else enjoy this game back in the day?

I've never played Asheron's Call. I have limited MMORPG experience. But, I can say that Turbine is awesome and I've met the core group a few times at PAX. They even signed and gave me a copy of LOTR, but I haven't played it haha.

Played it and found it to level based, gear based; mmorpg tend to be this way.

On the surface, yes.

But just under the surface was skill and character manipulation detail like no other game on the market:

-Slide casting
-Fast casting
-Wall drains
-Learning spells by true trial and error
-Run looting
-Class mixing by skill and stats
-Kiting took real skill
Soloing a boss was a big deal and it took skill in the early days

I used to love WoW. Then cataclysm came and killed it :( time limits on bgs. Alot more focus on arena pvp. Removal of needing to talk to anybody. Quests, leveling and dungeons became to easy.

From what I've seen the elder scrolls mmo doesn't look that good ether and looks to much like a guild wars clone with poor custom aiming :(.

I think most mmos fail because they try and target the casual gamer who gets bored after the same thing after 2-3 times where as the hardcore gamer gets very little challenge from the game so they get bored. I can't see myself picking up a mmo until I find one that requires skill and time, not just spam the same button over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom