The Elder Scrolls: Online

I got GW2 as well, but didn't put much thought into the price since I had money to blow back then :p

Do you still play?

Its funny, I did all the beta invites and then played 1 week into the advanced launch and then I had to work roughly 100 hours a week from Aug-Dec. Started to play GW2 heavy in Jan and then I have been on break since April or May. I have 4 level 80s, but I am only really decent with the Warrior.

I'm not sure when I'll hop back on and play regularly with GTA V and the PS4 launch happening right around the corner.

I just read an article that Bethesda is talking to MS about allowing players to play the Xbox One version of the game without a gold XBL subscription. So in other words, if this gets the green light then anyone who wants to play it on a console and is really only interested in TES:O can do just that, so it's a nice little incentive at least to save you an extra $60 a year should you fall into that category.

I just read an article that Bethesda is talking to MS about allowing players to play the Xbox One version of the game without a gold XBL subscription. So in other words, if this gets the green light then anyone who wants to play it on a console and is really only interested in TES:O can do just that, so it's a nice little incentive at least to save you an extra $60 a year should you fall into that category.

I highly doubt it'll happen and it is wishful thinking. MS wants people to get XBL to watch videos, use Internet Explorer, etc. Its dumb and one thing they haven't reverted on yet.

I highly doubt it'll happen and it is wishful thinking. MS wants people to get XBL to watch videos, use Internet Explorer, etc. Its dumb and one thing they haven't reverted on yet.

It may or may not. I think a lot of it depends on how the console does prior to the release of TES:O. If the Xbox One is doing well then they probably won't allow this, but if somehow they are still in damage control mode then I see this being something that they would use to try and spin another positive off about the console.

It may or may not. I think a lot of it depends on how the console does prior to the release of TES:O. If the Xbox One is doing well then they probably won't allow this, but if somehow they are still in damage control mode then I see this being something that they would use to try and spin another positive off about the console.

If MS allows this, they they're gonna have to allow you to use Netflix/Hulu/HBO Go, etc as well. Might as well let people with a Silver account use that dick IE browser too.

IIRC WoW charged for the game and had a sub for a while too. If you really are that adamant on just the price then you can wait for it to inevitably drop to free, or acquire it other ways.

I don't intend in buying the game or paying the sub fee.

Why are you constantly defending this game that you don't intend to buy? It makes no sense.

I don't care about the $60 price tag. I care about the $15/mo fee to play their game. That model just doesn't work outside of WoW and hasn't with ANY other MMO that has tried to compete.

I dislike WoW but they're the only ones to get away with charging people $15/mo and be super successful with it.

I would have liked to try ESO out if it had a similar model to GW2, but I'll never get to now.

$15/mo isn't even that bad in reality. But, most people can't just play 1 game 24/7/365 to really justify the price. You feel like you need to get your $15 worth and you will feel guilty if you don't. In GW2 I paid for the game and there are no subs. I played Jan-May and I have been breaking from Jun-Aug and might not return to it next year. I can pop in and play a dungeon or something if I get a hankering in Sept or Dec and not have to pay $15/mo to do so.

The fact that SO MANY are turned off and not interested in the game because of the $15/mo sub proves that ESO will fail 1-3 months post launch.

Because so many people have literally a contradicting argument. I won't pay 15/m for any other game but WoW. I'll ***** about 15/m, but I used to (or still) play WoW. Makes no sense. You even said prior spending 50 and 15 is too much for you, so that contradicts your current argument. See what I mean? People are *****ing to *****.

Your second argument is also contradicting. How many people play or used to play WoW religiously? I still know guys that only play that game. I used to go to LANs and people would get on WoW. Those same people used to argue that subbing would fail WoW before it came out, only to be dragged into the game paying that monthly fee they argued over. The same people also tried migrating to other free games like LotRO, ToR, GW2, yet still went BACK to WoW. I see people on my Facebook status saying noooo WoW is calling me. Then buy a year subscription and that's all I see on Xfire.

Because so many people have literally a contradicting argument. I won't pay 15/m for any other game but WoW. I'll ***** about 15/m, but I used to (or still) play WoW. Makes no sense. You even said prior spending 50 and 15 is too much for you, so that contradicts your current argument. See what I mean? People are *****ing to *****.

Your second argument is also contradicting. How many people play or used to play WoW religiously? I still know guys that only play that game. I used to go to LANs and people would get on WoW. Those same people used to argue that subbing would fail WoW before it came out, only to be dragged into the game paying that monthly fee they argued over. The same people also tried migrating to other free games like LotRO, ToR, GW2, yet still went BACK to WoW. I see people on my Facebook status saying noooo WoW is calling me. Then buy a year subscription and that's all I see on Xfire.

Well, I don't play WoW and I'm not pro-WoW. I'm just saying that MMOs fail trying to charge people a monthly sub and no one has been able to do it as effectively as WoW. Also LotRO, ToR and GW2 all have 3 different business models. So, it isn't really fair to lump them all together into the "f2p bucket".

I'll defend GW2 because you buy the game and it has no monthly subscriptions. That is different than that LotRO and TOR does. I am not sure 100% of the LotR0 strategy but in ToR you buy the game and when it launched it was sub based. Then due to failure they make a large portion of the game free but overall you need to sub to really get the most out of it. See, GW2 is EXTREMELY different than ToR.

I don't know where I contradicted myself about not wanting to pay a sub. I've always been against it. I understand $15/mo isn't that big of a deal to most people, but I personally don't want to be tied down to a game like that because I know I won't constantly get my money's worth.

Some people are happy buying WoW and its expansions and play it 24/7/365 until the end of time. I wish I could be like that because even though they're paying 15/mo they're saving more money in the long run from not buying a bunch of games.

I still don't know why you're so upset over all of this. I really get the feeling that you either preordered ESO and are trying to justify the 15/mo or you can't because of family/time but wish you could and are upset that people are more concerned with a subscription than the awesome game ESO probably is?

In the end, everyone should buy GW2. its awesome.

I am pretty sure Phantasy Star did that with the Hunter License. Don't need gold to play on their servers, just a Hunters License.

Back
Top Bottom