The Elder Scrolls: Online

Considering that my GF is big on Skyrim, I am sure that the 2 of use will be signing up for an account.

Skyrim with the Hearthstone DLCs annoys me in that it has all these elements of an MMORPG with out being an MMORPG.

A big pass from me. Spending $50 for a game and then $15, even if the first month is free, it too much money when there's games like Guild Wars 2 out there.

I've seen game after game charge a monthly sub and try to take some of that MMO pie and they all fail. ALL OF THEM. Even The Old Republic was a huge failure just 2 months after its release.
It's all in execution really. Zenimax and Bethesda put off a guaranteed big seller (TES VI) for this so I'm pretty sure it will be at least decent. I played TOR a bit and I thought it was worse than LotRO, which a bunch shared the same sentiment. Being a terrible game has more to do with failing than simply having a sub.

We'll see though. I don't intend in buying the game or paying the sub fee. Just figured I would gauge interest.

I played a bit of Realm Reborn in its beta, and it was fun, but I won't be purchasing it because of its subscription fee. Same goes for ESO. Making us purchase a game, then charging us to play it, is ridiculous.

It's actually more like a $60, 30-day trial because you need to purchase the game first before you can start playing. I don't care how good a game may look or be, I can't justify paying full price for a game and then having monthly error messages pop up saying insert credit card to continue. Especially too with work, life, bills, etc.

I really don't think it will be $50-60.
I am betting it will be more along the lines of $30 due to the requires subscriptions, and it will come with at least a 30 day sub with the game purchase.

GW2 was $60 because there is no subscription. SWTOR and WoW are between $20-30.
Price is a big deal when an MMO releases. Too much and no one wants to get it to try it out.

I really don't think it will be $50-60.
I am betting it will be more along the lines of $30 due to the requires subscriptions, and it will come with at least a 30 day sub with the game purchase.

GW2 was $60 because there is no subscription. SWTOR and WoW are between $20-30.
Price is a big deal when an MMO releases. Too much and no one wants to get it to try it out.

GW2 was $50. Currently $40.

Retailers have the price for ESO set for $60 and same for the PS4/XB1 version.

GW2 was $50. Currently $40.

Retailers have the price for ESO set for $60 and same for the PS4/XB1 version.

Yep, I was wrong on both counts. Kept searching online after making that post and found 2 articles saying $60.

Back
Top Bottom