The Elder Scrolls: Online

i'll probably play it for a month or two.. but thats about it. Was hoping they would have gone the GW2 route =/

They are going the WoW route which is what I've pretty much said since the game was announced. Bethesda and Zenimax hoping to get a piece of that MMO pie. 15 bucks a month for at least a year from damn near every TES player is more than development and deployment costs and gave them an excuse to ward off from TES VI. If they don't **** up like FFXIV did then they should be pretty successful for a while at least.

Avoiding it completely. It was going to be a day one purchase that I most likely would have taken a vacation day off from work to play, but I refuse to purchase a game in which I have to keep paying each month to continue. Very disappointing, I was really looking forward to this one.

The hint of sub based play has been around since announcement. Not sure why so many people are disappointed. I know a ton of people who play or have played WoW religiously and then when I mention this they get disappointed.

Y'all do realize it'll have a free 30 day, right?

I did yes, but I can't commit the time to an MMO with a subscription that doesn't make me feel guilty for not playing for a week. I'll be subscribed for 2 months to try it out and support the studio though.

A big pass from me. Spending $50 for a game and then $15, even if the first month is free, it too much money when there's games like Guild Wars 2 out there.

I've seen game after game charge a monthly sub and try to take some of that MMO pie and they all fail. ALL OF THEM. Even The Old Republic was a huge failure just 2 months after its release.

Back
Top Bottom