Champions Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: Will a monthly fee be required to play?
A: A monthly fee is required for Champions Online. Our current pricing is as follows:

* $14.99 recurring for a month-to-month subscription.
* $41.97 recurring for a 3-month subscription. ($13.99 per month)
* $77.94 recurring for a 6-month subscription. ($12.99 per month)
Q: Will it be released outside of North America?
A: Absolutely! Atari's extensive expertise in the European gaming communities is a huge asset in ensuring Champions Online makes a big worldwide splash. Our European community will be able to pick up the game in Europe on September 4, 2009, or they can purchase a downloadable version.

Another to keep your eye on:
Latest Entries | Star Trek Online Official Site

Free play weekend coming up.
The free promotional weekend will run from 10:00 a.m. October 30th until 10:00 a.m. November 2nd (Pacific), but all our subscribers will be able to enjoy the Blood Moon content starting October 27th.

If you don't yet have the game installed, download it now using the link below.

Here's the link:
Blood Moon Weekend | Champions Online Official Site

Champions Online is 10% off via Steam this week end.

Normaly $39.99. Currently $35.99

I am currently considering about picking this up.

It's on Steam...? I never bother with Steam, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

How much of it quest based?
How much of it is PvP?
It is all instance based like City Of Hereos?

It it worth my US$35?

I have only playied City of Villains a few years back. One thing that i did not like was
1. The combat system and that your loot was mainly a bonus power you could use later one/
2. The way that every thing was mostly instance based. You might get all some one attacking you on the street, but you really had to go inside a building or what not for the majority of your combat / questing.
3. And for those people that used to play Table Top RPGs, how close is it to the table top role play game of Champions?

From what I've read, it has a lot of quests for players. The powers line up pretty much with the table-top/RPG game. I have no idea about loot and such.

Check out their forums at the site and see what they say.

Have not had much time to play as the telephone / internet line at home as been intermittant for the last week.

I finally got a chance to play last night.

My first impressions.
I think I liked the character creation under CoH/CoV more. One thing that I don't like is that is just start you off with the same male or female default every time you roll up a new character. I also found that going through all the combinations of clothing/outfits/etc was not as easy compaired to CoH/CoV.

Regardless of CoH/CoV or CO, once again I think I spent most of last night fine tuning my character's appearance.

Game play on the other hand. So far, I am liking the game play in CO.

Anyways, for those people that are playing it, my current character on CO is Sister Omega.

So, did anyone try the free weekend?

In between real life commitments and not having a stable internet connection for the past week, I just purchased the game out right via steam. Like I purchased the game on saturday night, but it was not until monday night where i was able to play. So far, I am liking it.

Attachments

• Champions Online sister omega.jpg
    Champions Online sister omega.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 33
Bloody typical. I finally get a chance to play tonight and they bring down the server for mantance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom