Blizzard makes millions on Sparkly ponies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd probably play this game if I didn't have to pay a monthly bill along with it. I payed around $30 for the game I shouldn't have to pay another $15 a month to play it. $15 a month adds up fast; $180 after one year, $360 after two, $540 after three. Too much money for me to be spending on a game.

Yea..it seems like a lot but it kinda isn't. Just depends if it's your only game or not.

You can get hundreds of hours out of WoW for that $180/year..while other games offer like 15 hours for $50/game. So if you buy more than 4 games a year you're going to be spending more than WoW would cost....

But yea..it is an expensive game. If it was like $5/month I think a lot more people would probably pay and end up making them more profit...

EDIT: ^^^^^ I don't think that's a real video for it.. a lot of charlie the unicorn 4's are listed as spoofs and stuff...so I don't think there is a real/official charlie the unicorn 4 lol

creating your own revenue model while using WoW to cover the cost is always an option. a buddy of mine told me his relative uses a bot to collect gold and such. he turns this into real life cash some how.

I've seen similar stuff done in Diable 2 where ppl would sell characters and items.

I've never played. Don;t plan on it. I was big into D2, but can't find the same satisfaction anymore.

it's weird to think about what's going on in the creator's mind.

I am sure it the chorus to this song (no, it's not Rick Roll)
Or at least the song that is going through Michael Morhaime's head

I'd probably play this game if I didn't have to pay a monthly bill along with it. I payed around $30 for the game I shouldn't have to pay another $15 a month to play it. $15 a month adds up fast; $180 after one year, $360 after two, $540 after three. Too much money for me to be spending on a game.

Depend on your take. I found that paying $15 per month saved me money as I not running down to the EB Games to purchased another game as I finished the last one that I picked up last 2 weeks or the previous month) In my experience, I have found that most WoW player's don't have the time for any other game while they are still playing WoW.

creating your own revenue model while using WoW to cover the cost is always an option. a buddy of mine told me his relative uses a bot to collect gold and such. he turns this into real life cash some how.

I've seen similar stuff done in Diable 2 where ppl would sell characters and items.

I've never played. Don;t plan on it. I was big into D2, but can't find the same satisfaction anymore.

However that does violate the game's EULA. I know that wow is cracking down on gold farmers. However now days, gold not really a big thing any more in WoW unless you are a n00b trying to level up.

Mind you, I do feel that Blizzard might be changing there Bussiness model with world of WarCraft. Like why get the playiers pay you about $15 per month to level up for a stupid pug dog when you can just charge them $25 on top of the subscription fee for a sparkly pony.

Best charlie eva! I actually did find that one funny.

$14.95/month for 10million+ players

$10 for name change

$25 for a stupid pony

$25 to change realms

$?? to change race (can't remember how much)

$20-40 for each of those 10million+ players every time an expansion is released

I'm sure there are a bunch of other things that you're charged for involving WoW. I bet blizzard is loving it, their never ending cash cow lol.

I had to pay $25 in lotro to switch servers when I started it back up once. I found my server had pretty much died. It is really annoying when you can't get a group for anything. That is the only time I payed anything that wasn't a subscription fee. Luckily lotro has come down to $10 per month if you pay 3 months at a time.

Yeah I watched them all. Silly stuff...it's weird to think about what's going on in the creator's mind. That and the minds of most Adult Swim stuff hehe.

I ended up giving WoW a go on their trial thing a couple of months ago, gave it about 2 hours. It was crap. I actually tried to get into it but I just couldn't...I didn't like it and it wasn't fast enough for me. Just really boring. Most MMO's are boring to me though no matter how much I try.

Yeah, I bought wow. I never picked up a subscription though. MMO's aren't fun. I can just play lotro cause I'm lord of the rings crazed. It makes a difference if you have a good interest in the world.

I had to pay $25 in lotro to switch servers when I started it back up once. I found my server had pretty much died. It is really annoying when you can't get a group for anything. That is the only time I payed anything that wasn't a subscription fee. Luckily lotro has come down to $10 per month if you pay 3 months at a time.

Yeah, I bought wow. I never picked up a subscription though. MMO's aren't fun. I can just play lotro cause I'm lord of the rings crazed. It makes a difference if you have a good interest in the world.

Oh yea, sometimes these types of things are needed...but people like my friend transfer half a dozen times a year lol. Then on the other hand, the thing that gets me is the cost...they should at least offer a free one in case the server dies basically

I spend about $20 on some cryptic points when I was playing Champions Online to purchase some extra costume parts for my account.

Just about all the Free Asian MMORPGs are pay for better items. I remember that all the G-Potato games are like that.

i ended up getting one for my gf, she said and i quote "i just have to have one baby, pleasssseeeee get it for me" end quote

thumbs up to blizz for this one b-_-b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom