Any former EverQuest players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Anyone here play EQ back in the golden days before Planes of Power? Man, was the game ruined after that expansion and the ones after it.

I played from the get go. IMO Planes didn't ruin the game...it was inheirently flawed by design. Getting a train set on you just after you lvl'd and having to spend extensive time to get the lvl back. The attitude that Verant took with it's customers (pre-Sony), the "This is the game, we're not changing it to make it more fun for you, play it or don't" attitude was the biggest problem. My favorite was dealing with their customer service...especially when EQ first opened to the public and they weren't prepared for the bandwidtch they would actually need...yet when you contacted them they were quick to tell you that it was a problem on your end, not theirs. Not to mention that I remember spending hours, literally, trying to find my dark elf corpse. Naked and starting trains is no way to go through life. =D

I played from the get go. IMO Planes didn't ruin the game...it was inheirently flawed by design. Getting a train set on you just after you lvl'd and having to spend extensive time to get the lvl back. The attitude that Verant took with it's customers (pre-Sony), the "This is the game, we're not changing it to make it more fun for you, play it or don't" attitude was the biggest problem. My favorite was dealing with their customer service...especially when EQ first opened to the public and they weren't prepared for the bandwidtch they would actually need...yet when you contacted them they were quick to tell you that it was a problem on your end, not theirs. Not to mention that I remember spending hours, literally, trying to find my dark elf corpse. Naked and starting trains is no way to go through life. =D

I remember my friend used to tell me he would play as a monk (I think) and train high level mobs to a lower level place and then feign death and laugh. Or maybe he would see other people do it and get a good laugh... I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom