Aion

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMOving to MMORPG subforum.

WOW! I just saw the trailer and I am rather excited about this one.
Home | Aionâ„¢ Fantasy MMORPG

Look like I am going to be putting in a pre-order for this one via Steam.
This is the Standard Edition. Check out the Aion® Collector's Edition which comes with additional content!

Buy now and play the Aion beta for free until the full release this fall! Pre-Sale offer includes:

* 37 days of free play when the full game releases.
* Access to beta and preview events
* Special in-game items
o Attribute Boosting Hat
o Experience boosting Talisman
o Exclusive special effects ring (Water)

System Requirements

Minimum:
o OS:Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2
o Processor: 2.8GHz CPU or equivalent
o Memory: 1GB RAM
o Graphics: NVIDIA® 5900 Ultra with 128MB RAM / ATI Radeon™ x700 with 128MB RAM or higher
o DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c (6/2008 update)
o Hard Drive: 15 GB hard disk space
o Sound: Yes
o Internet Connection: Broadband

Recommended:
o OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2/ Vista
o Processor: Dual Core CPU 2.0GHz or equivalent
o Memory: 2GB RAM
o Graphics: NVIDIA® 6800 with 256MB RAM / ATI Radeon™ x800 with 256MB or higher 15GB hard disk space
o DirectX®: DirectX ® 9.0c (6/2008 update)
o Hard Drive: 15 GB hard disk space
o Sound: Yes
o Internet Connection: Broadband

Re: Aion - September 22

It does look like. However i would like to do a little more reading into it before i commit myself to purchasing an MMO.

Firstly, how much is the subscription and will my $49 ($59 for collector edition) cover the first month of play.

Secondly, do I get wings to fly around from level 1, or do i have to grind my way up 50 or levels before i get to do cool stuff like that.

Find someone that knows. Then ask :p I will do some research and find some answers.

Found this:

1-month card: 19,800 won (approximately 13.7 USD*), 300 hours for 30 days

3-month card: 47,520 won (approximately 32.9 USD), 900 hours for 90 days

3-hour card: 3000 won, (approximately 2 USD)

30-hour card: 12,000 won ((approximately 8.3 USD)

This link as well could be helpful in everyone's searches.

Aion: Power Wiki

Aion Forums

Aion Beta Forums - Powered by vBulletin

You get wings at level 10... which seems to be very low (they mention it is an integral part of the gameplay). But I agree, this game looks awesome.

Found this:

1-month card: 19,800 won (approximately 13.7 USD*), 300 hours for 30 days

3-month card: 47,520 won (approximately 32.9 USD), 900 hours for 90 days

3-hour card: 3000 won, (approximately 2 USD)

30-hour card: 12,000 won ((approximately 8.3 USD)

This link as well could be helpful in everyone's searches.

Not that this is going to affect me that greatly as I got a job and a life, if I get the month card, i can either play up to 30 day or 300 hours (which ever comes first). Therefore i can only play for a maxium of 10 hours per day every day.

It the first time I have ever heard of any MMO putting in this sort of restriction? Just about every other MMO give player a 1 month or 30 days and unlimited hours. So if some player wants to play 720 hours, there is nothing stopping them. Although it's not humanly possible for some one play a full 720 hours (24 hours x 30 days), i do not some WoW addicts that can easily clock up and average of 14 per per day and still go to work and have sleep.

I know that this will annoy those crazy South Korea players.

However on a good side, this might prevent people from farming and using power leveling services. Plus it will also convince those MMO-Zombies to GO....OUT.....SIDE....AND.....PLAY....... (insert zombie moan here)

Considering that we have the odd case of unexpected epilepy, heat attacks, social retardness and mostly obesity, is this the fate of MMORPGs where you are can pay only X number of hours with a given time period?

I've been playing the beta for a while now and really do enjoy the game. I have several different toons at different levels and overall enjoy the experience. There a few things that bother me like the fact that it does get very grindy after level 15, but other than that the game is fun. You get to fly at level 10 but only for a minute and then you fall back to the ground while it recharges. Overall it seems promising, so I'll keep playing through beta and see what happens when it actually gets released.

I'm downloading the beta installer as we speak and plan to play it later tonight... Just to clear the payment thing up, its $15 monthly just like wow, those payment plans are for Asian countries.

Here is a video featuring all the classes

I have just pre-ordered the collectors edition from NCSoft. If I can avoid having to play via steam, i would feel better about it.

I'm downloading the beta installer as we speak and plan to play it later tonight... Just to clear the payment thing up, its $15 monthly just like wow, those payment plans are for Asian countries.

Noticed that when getting my pre-order

1 month: $14.99
3 months: $39.99 (equivalent to $13.33 per month)
6 months: $75.99 (equivalent to $12.66 per month)
12 months: $139.99 (equivalent to $11.66 per month)

Then again some of those asian players (especially South Koreans) are just way too addicted to MMO. They need to be limited.

[EDIT]Not really happy with the NC Soft installer. You download one small file, then you need to install from that which then proceeds to install directly from the internet. The client is 5.4Gb. And it's telling me that it will take about 300+ Hours to complete the download. [/EDIT]

[EDIT]Oops. Looks like that it minutes and seconds. Not not hours and minutes.[/EDIT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom