Aion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Aion - September 22

This will take a huge chunk from blizzard. Like tuesday...."schedule maintenance" turned into a 20 hour down time. That junk is crazy.

Try playing Star Wars Galaxies and putting up with SOE's support. Every second night there is a schedule maintenance. It's suppose to be 30 minutes. More like 3 - 4 hours. And one of these is on Saturday night too.

There is a saying with Star Wars Galaxies
"It took a Death Star to Destroy a Planet. It took SOE to destroy Galaxies"

Is there any way in which we can not have nPortect GameGuard in order to run Aion. I am finding it causes more problems than what is solves.

im holding out for old republic and gw 2 before i move onto any other mmo then wow, i have a good group of friends to play with finally. this did interest me but i just put another 3 months on my wow account...

Tried playing 2 nights ago. I found the servers to be extremely laggy. You just could not do any thing.

This constant patching is ****ting me. I did not get time to play this week end as I was building my new rig. However one thing that has ****ted one of my friends was then NCsoft released that new patch some time yesturday. And with the time it took to download the new patch, he figured he was not going to get time to play because of the ncsoft dowloader program.

One thing that I am hoping that NCSoft does release a release version of the client for those people that have purchased the digital download. I have just had to re-install windows on the week end, and I have noticed that Aion purchased via NCSoft does not like to be backed up easily.
The problem I see with Aion is that you need 3 programs in order to run the game
1. ncLauncher
2. Aion Client
3. nProtect

I should of picked up Aion via Steam. At least I know that steam is not too hard to back up and restore. Like my copy of Guild Wars (via Steam) seems to be working fine.

It's bad enough that i have to install download about 1 - 2Gb worth of Update Drivers and Windows Updates every time I format. Lets not hope I have to do the same with a 9.1Gb game client.

I have a friend that has a friend at EB Games Australia. The disk have arrived. He's going to check that version number the client is to night. I am hoping that it's version 1.5.0.5 onwards as I am getting sick and tired downloading this huge patches.

Especially when the NCsoft server is so slow...

It's it 1.5.0.5 on the disk, then we should be able to run the game out of the box.
It's is greater than version 1.5.0.5, then for all those people that got the digital download edition, are going to be up for downloading more patches.
If it's less than 1.5.0.5, the get ready for download another patch for all those people that picked up the retail box. And I will see if I can locate the standalone patch just so we are not sitting there waiting for the ncsoft patch server to run.

And in some other news....
NCsoft Shares Aion Pre-Selection Details | Ten Ton Hammer
NCsoft Shares Aion Pre-Selection Details

Find out when you can secure your character name and server!

It is so close! Aion Pre-Selection starts in just a handful of days and fans can barely stand the anticipation. In preparation for the big day, NCsoft has released specifics on pre-selection including start time and what will be available.

Preselection is a benefit available to anyone who preordered Aion. If you are not sure whether or not you are eligible, simply log in to your NCsoft Master Account to verify that your game account is listed and your account type is not designated as "Beta".

Starting 12:00 p.m. PDT (more) on September 18, 2009, eligible players will be able to start their game clients and log in to create a total of two characters ahead of everyone else. You can name and create these two characters through the standard character creator and be ready to play with these characters right when the game Head Start Program begins (but not beforehand). Preselection will end 9:00 a.m. PDT on September 20, 2009 (more).

Don't miss this great opportunity to claim your character's name before anyone else does. It isn't too late to preorder, even if you have been holding out.

Is the end of pre-selection a hint as to when Head Start will happen? Be sure to check back soon for that bit of news when it is released!

The game is good.

KC, All MMO's get patched alot. Especially on release ! I remember AoC had a 300mb patch every one or two days for the first 2 to 4 weeks.

I like the graphics, but i don't find it demanding at all. It runs perfectly smooth everywhere @ 1650x1080.

I may get the game.

I have a friend that has a friend at EB Games Australia. The disk have arrived. He's going to check that version number the client is to night. I am hoping that it's version 1.5.0.5 onwards as I am getting sick and tired downloading this huge patches.

Especially when the NCsoft server is so slow...

It's it 1.5.0.5 on the disk, then we should be able to run the game out of the box.
It's is greater than version 1.5.0.5, then for all those people that got the digital download edition, are going to be up for downloading more patches.
If it's less than 1.5.0.5, the get ready for download another patch for all those people that picked up the retail box. And I will see if I can locate the standalone patch just so we are not sitting there waiting for the ncsoft patch server to run.

And in some other news....
NCsoft Shares Aion Pre-Selection Details | Ten Ton Hammer

The game usually goes into production around 1 to 2 months before release. There is only a very very very slim chance you wont have to patch.
If you buy WoW these days there is around 9gb of patches before playing..

The game has been out in korea for a year or so now, so I can not imagine that there should be too many more issues.
I think the thing that is annoying me the most is nsoft downloader which seems to take forever.

Anyways, a friend of mine has given me the following
Aion Close Beta Client (1.0.2.11)
Close Beta Patch Aion_Main_1.0.2.11To1.0.2.14.ncpatch
Open Beta Patch Aion_Main_1.0.2.14To1.5.0.1.ncpatch
Current Patch Aion_Main_1.5.0.1To1.5.0.5.ncpatch

The only way to install the patchs is
1. Install Close Beta Client
2. Copy all the patch files into your AION directory
3. Gane and the NCsoft will start applying patches.

Word of warning. Make sure you have a copy of the patches saved eslewhere as the ncsoft loader will delete the ncpatch files after it's finished patching.

New patch came out today. only about 6Mb

Aion Launch Version! | Aionâ„¢ Fantasy MMORPG
- After analyzing our open beta test results Aion will not feature GameGuard at launch. We will however continue to pursue ways to effectively utilize GameGuard within Aion in the future. Right now we're focused on providing players with the best possible Aion experience.

- The level cap is now level 50 (previously 45).

- Players will be able to reserve 2 character names during Preselection and create 8 characters in total once Head Start begins and beyond.

- Channels will be set to 10 instances for the beginning 2 zones of each faction. Please note that these will be lowered as characters progress and spread throughout Atreia.

Thank the gods that they are disabling that nProtect B.S. It reated more problems that it solved. However it looks like that the devs will bring it back some time in the future.

I have logged into this morning and created 2 characters
Server :- Nezekan
Race :- Asomdian
Name :- Aedia
Class :- Mage

Name :- Threnody
Class :- Ranger

Aeon US Servers are now live for those that are have pre-ordered.

I have also made another character

Name :- Phatgothchick
Class :- Preist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom