Case: Antec 902

MOBO: ASUS P6T

CPU: i7 902

PSU: Corsair 850W TX

Ram: 6GB OCZ Platinum 1600

GPU: Powercolor Radeon 4770

and I am thinking of getting the following CPU cooler:
Ultra 120-eXtreme 1366 RT

I looked up the dimensions for my case(49.3cm (H) x 21.8cm (W) x 47.2cm (D)) and the cooler(L132 x W63 x H160.5 mm). This is my first time building a computer so I am not sure how much space the motherboard will take up. It looks to my like there is about 5cm left for the MOBO, will the cooler fit in this case with the setup?

This looks good, and everything sounds good..

Only problem is HD 4770 is discontinued now, since it was such a hit and there was a limitation on how many could be made (due to the 40nm process).

You should be able to score an HD 4850 512MB for around the same price.

I don't know anything about DDR3 RAM:

Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX T1 Series 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX14400D3T1K3/3GX - Desktop Memory

But that looks like a decent deal

^ +1
go with the ocz set you've already picked out, they seem to be pretty good.
And yes, that cooler will fit fine in your case.

edit: and also, you might want to either think about getting a better card or getting two 4850's and SLIing them. I mean, you've got a great system so far, no sense grabbing a card that's not going to perform as well as the rest of the system.
Check out the GTX 260, or if you can the GTX 275

edit: and also, you might want to either think about getting a better card or getting two 4850's and SLIing them.

you mean crossfire? ;)

the 4890 is a pretty good value too. you can really get some nice performance if you overclock it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom