Originally Posted by General Saam
Well...I wanted something that cooled both the CPU and the GPU...but I just don't really know much about what I need or even what a loop is(lol).
BTW..how much could I go up to safely(MHz-wise) with water cooling.
what maintenance is there really? and no budget. at your price range question.
I can't make a guarantee as to the kind of overclock your chip will garner, but suffice to say, I was able to push my Core 2 Duo from 2.4 to a maximum stable speed of about 4ghz.
I have seen people hitting upwards of 4.5ghz with good water cooling loops (loop is just another way of saying water cooling system, because the flow creates a sort of loop)
For your setup I would recommend something along these lines.
(2) Swiftech MCR320's Radiators
(1) Laing DDC 3.2 18w pump
(1) XSPC Reservoir top for DDC pump
(1) Swiftech APogee GTZ Cpu Water Block
(1) EK GTX295 Full Cover GPU Water Block
(10) Bitspower True Silver 1/2" Barbed Fittings
(10) Feet of Feser Colored tubing (Comes in several colors and is UV reactive) 1/2" Inner Dia. 3/4" Outer Dia.
(12) Worm Drive Clamps adjustable to 3/4" diameter.
And an accompanying number of fans for the two radiators which utilize 120mm size fans.
Go to www.xtremesystems.org/forum
and take a look at the information Stickied at the top of the Water Cooling sub forum. This will give you a lot of information about water cooling.