45c
50c
55c
60c

CPU min. fan speed %:

CPU Fan PIN select

3 PINS
4 PINS

What should I put these settings at? Or should I not use Smart Fan at all?

I also have Speedfan and could use that as alternative. Would you recommend that instead and if so what settings should I set Speedfan to?

I don't know what I'm doing so help is appreciated.

Thanks.

To be honest, I'm not sure what all Smart Fan controls. It doesn't say. I assume it controls my hSF as well, which is the loudest - I don't mind the rest of the fans.

To be honest, I'm not sure what all Smart Fan controls. It doesn't say. I assume it controls my hSF as well, which is the loudest - I don't mind the rest of the fans.

All those settings refer to the HSF. The first setting is what your motherboard will try and keep your CPU temp at.
The second is fairly obvious, the minimum speed the fan is allowed to turn (as philbar says you should have this as high as it will go, or at least the % it gets to before it gets annoyingly loud).
The third depends on if your HSF is a 4-pin or a 3-pin (if it's plugged into the mobo).

What setting should I put the temperature control thing at?

How low can I go with the fan speed % to reduce noise?

And it seems like my computer already controls CPU fan speed somehow, as it gets somewhat louder when the computer gets hotter. Maybe that's Cool'N'Quiet. Do I even need Smart Fan on then?

What setting should I put the temperature control thing at?

How low can I go with the fan speed % to reduce noise?

And it seems like my computer already controls CPU fan speed somehow, as it gets somewhat louder when the computer gets hotter. Maybe that's Cool'N'Quiet. Do I even need Smart Fan on then?

With smart fan disabled, the heatsink's fan will be on 100% all the time, which can get quite annoying.

And it seems like my computer already controls CPU fan speed somehow, as it gets somewhat louder when the computer gets hotter.

That's the Smart Fan function. As you start doing more and more on the computer, using the processor quite a bit, it gets hotter, the motherboard notices it, and ups the fan speed to cool it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom