What are the dimensions of the stock i7-980x cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly with as many factors as you have for a correct fit I would just go with a H70 or go full liquid cooling.

If you aren't familiar with a dremel I'd get real familiar or not do it ya know.

Do you happen to know what the distance between the cpu and the lowest fins would be? My northbridge heatsinks are also pretty huge, so I have to factor them in.

All of that info is posted at the Noctua website. Noctua.at - sound-optimised premium components "Designed in Austria"!

Is the dremel part idiot-proof? I don't mind modifying it if it isn't something I'll completely screw up.

Nothing is ever totally idiot-proof

Something is strange when it seems like watercooling would be less labor-intensive lol.

When you pick parts out because your planning on watercooling and then you change your mind these types of situation arise. It's not "strange", it's just poor planning.

When you pick parts out because your planning on watercooling and then you change your mind these types of situation arise. It's not "strange", it's just poor planning.

I've thought more and more about this... I'm going to return the Noctua and go liquid cooled.

I think that would be in your best interests. It costs a little more to do it properly, but with the parts you already have why cheap out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom